Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#230687 - 02/21/07 11:02 AM Moving To San Pedro
joey-jo Offline
Hey All,

I'm new to this message board... so hi everyone!

*waves frantically*

Anyhoo, the reason I joined is that I got offered a job in San Pedro I simply couldn't refuse... so I am moving there (next week). Thing is, I don't know jack about San Pedro. I've just been there once.

I do have a place to stay, so that is not a problem... just everything else! Anyone has any recommendations as to where's an affordable place to shop (I'd much rather buy my groceries in Belize City, but if I must shop in SP - where?). How about good, affordable restaurants?

Next thing is cable and internet. I found out somewhere that Coral Cablevision offers internet - what's the cost and how is the service? And what about their cable? How many channels? Cost?

What about things to do? Any recommendations? Anything I should avoid or beware of? I'll be browsing the other threads over the next couple days, but any added info any of you could provide would be fantastic and very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance! S.P here I come!

- Joey
"Don't be afraid to go out on a limb... that's where the fruit is!"

#230690 - 02/21/07 11:26 AM Re: Moving To San Pedro [Re: joey-jo]
tacogirl Offline

Lots of cheap eats here and some decent places to shop too. We usually go between a few different places to get best prices.

we pay about 129 bzd for middle speed at coral cable. For cable tv is about $40
tacogirl Facebook, Belize Life Linked In - Belize info & images https://www.facebook.com/tacogirl

#230691 - 02/21/07 11:35 AM Re: Moving To San Pedro [Re: tacogirl]
joey-jo Offline
Hi tacogirl,

Thanks for the info. Internet service is actually cheaper there than in Belize City it seems.

I have so many things to do, I don't know where to begin. This is a spontaneous move and change of employment.

Interesting times are ahead!

Thx again tacogirl! :-)

#230706 - 02/21/07 01:57 PM Re: Moving To San Pedro [Re: joey-jo]
collyk Offline
joey - jo,

The shops we use most often are

San Pedrano's
Ritchie's (best price on Carribean Rum we have found)

Also, you will get to know a lot of small shop holders who sell good produce at a reasonable price. There are also people who deliver fresh produce from Belize City and you can hook up with them. They have good prices.

You'll find loads of information about cheap eating places by doing a search on this message board. Those have been discussed many times. Good luck with the move.
Belize Wedding Photography

#230715 - 02/21/07 02:55 PM Re: Moving To San Pedro [Re: collyk]
Kra-Z-K Offline
and Castillo-Spa-something. It is near the old Thai restaraunt around the corner from the Fitness Center. It is by far the cheapest, everything in bulk or packages of threes.

#230719 - 02/21/07 04:26 PM Re: Moving To San Pedro [Re: Kra-Z-K]
Sir Isaac Newton Offline
Just bring lots of cash, that seems to ease the transition. You'll learn quickly once you get here, it's a small island.

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net

#230720 - 02/21/07 05:03 PM Re: Moving To San Pedro [Re: Sir Isaac Newton]
Otteralum Offline
seems to ease a lot of things SIN smile
I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.

#230727 - 02/21/07 06:25 PM Re: Moving To San Pedro [Re: Otteralum]
joey-jo Offline

Thanks everyone for the tips. Much appreciated.

And SIN... if I had lots of cash, it would be called a vacation and not a job move wink.

#230753 - 02/21/07 10:54 PM Re: Moving To San Pedro [Re: joey-jo]
Electronics fail rapidly with the regular power surges. I've lost three TVs and a desktop computer in not much more than a month. Get a good UPS and use it.

#230758 - 02/22/07 12:25 AM Re: Moving To San Pedro [Re: ]
joey-jo Offline
WOW, thanks pedro for the advice. Thank God I already have a good one!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 73 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,633 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,706 Topics
461,226 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.