Ambergris Caye Caye Caulker HELP! Visitor Center Businesses Lodging

Topic Options
#231460 - 03/03/07 07:24 PM Recent Caye Caulker Trip
AlJ Offline
We just got back from our third visit to Caye Caulker. Another very nice visit. For all the talk about Rasta Pasta, we made our first stop there and had a nice dinner with good service. Also saw the island championship basketball game and enjoyed that too.

If you're interested, the trip report and pictures are on our website.

If you met a young girl named Moment, she's our daughter. She loved it.

IF you want to see previous trip reports and pictures, you can go up one level from this one to see the others. If you have troubles navigating the pictures, click the help at the bottom of the form.
Our Belize Trips and Pictures

#231524 - 03/04/07 05:02 PM Re: Recent Caye Caulker Trip [Re: AlJ]
Mickey1 Offline
Thanks for sharing the pictures. We were there April 2006 for our first visit to CC. Stayed at Iguana Reef Inn which was very nice. Could easily go back especially since having cold/snowy weather in Ohio.

#232054 - 03/11/07 05:40 AM Re: Recent Caye Caulker Trip [Re: Mickey1]
ILuvCayeCaulker Offline
Thanks for the story...My sister and I and our two children went over winter break for the first time and had an amazing time...I was like Moment I wanted to stay forever I felt at home...I was wondering if you had the chance to meet the Lyrical King...if so I made him a myspace page as a gift, check it out. He became one of my good friends on our trip and he named me him manager (all in fun:)....

#232207 - 03/12/07 10:12 PM Re: Recent Caye Caulker Trip [Re: ILuvCayeCaulker]
renski Offline
Hey ILCC..We met King last year..shared a few belikins with him as he entertained us with his knowledge of the Belizan state of guy! Ill try a post a few pics of him..cheers

#232483 - 03/15/07 12:16 PM Re: Recent Caye Caulker Trip [Re: renski]
ILuvCayeCaulker Offline
that would be great to see more pics of him..could I use them to put on his site??

#234008 - 03/31/07 08:48 AM Re: Recent Caye Caulker Trip [Re: AlJ]
Shellius Offline
AlJ, thanks for sharing your trip report. I've been back two weeks and I'm still in denial I'm home, so I haven't written mine up yet. I've been staring at my photos. It was our 2nd trip to Belize, first to CC and we hated leaving. For all that I have read here about how it's changed, it's still a stunningly beautiful place if you are coming there from just about anywhere else. CC people live in paradise, or close to it.

Lamani ruins are about the only ruins we have missed in Belize and they look spectacular. We had a terrible time lining up a trip to Altun Ha from CC and we finally gave up and went on our own with a water taxi ride to BC and then a regular taxi driver. We also had an uncomfortable dinner at Wish Willies, but had heard only good things about eating there. That was the only bad experience we had on CC. It was even fun riding bicycle in a short rainstorm. I'd go back in five minutes if I could afford it. I can't even afford to travel every year, but I'll be back when I can. Now I need to write it all down.
Your photos are great, I wish I had taken even more. Mine were mostly of sunsets and water.

#235498 - 04/16/07 08:33 AM Re: Recent Caye Caulker Trip [Re: AlJ]
CarolynandGordie Offline
Hi! We are new to the board and planning a trip for March '08. Your pics are terrific! We were seriously looking at S.P. but now leaning more to C.C. We have traveled for years with Isla Mujeres being our main destination for the last 5 years and looking for somewhere new (for us) but with a similar pace. Thanks for "showing" us the streets of C.C.

#235669 - 04/17/07 05:56 PM Re: Recent Caye Caulker Trip [Re: CarolynandGordie]
AlJ Offline
Thanks. Glad you liked them. You'll love Caye Caulker
Our Belize Trips and Pictures

#235789 - 04/19/07 10:11 AM Re: Recent Caye Caulker Trip [Re: AlJ]
J DOG Offline
Been going to S.P. for a long time but after spending a few days on C.C. last 2 trips, next time we plan on staying in C.C. the entire time, like the slower pace & less crowded streets of Caulker.
Beautiful Island and love the view at the split drinking a cold one at my favorite bar in Bze The Lazy Lizard!
Loved your pics ALJ!

#240372 - 06/11/07 09:53 PM Re: Recent Caye Caulker Trip [Re: ILuvCayeCaulker]
lumen360 Offline
I met Lyrical King last year on Caye Caulker. I have some photos I wanted to send him but lost the address he gave me. The one with the pier is where he showed me that he wrote Caye Caulker Bird Sanctuary. I wanted him in the picture so I merged it with portrait in a thoughtful mood. I thought he might like to use them. Would you like to post them?

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 37 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,635 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,711 Topics
461,241 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory Picture of the Day