Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Y
Yakie Offline OP
OP Offline
Y
Thanks to all for your responses. I think you've talked us into maybe Placencia for a few nights so we can do the river tubing and some ruins. Then we'll head to Ambergris for the remanider of the 2 weeks and maybe just head over to Caye Caulker for a day of exploring there. Thanks again for the info.
ps. Is there any specific drink of the area. Special beer or cocktail they are famous for????

Visit Margie at Coconuts bar and try a "Panty Ripper" and a "Dirty Banana Colada", these you'll remember for a looooong time!

Most people drink their Belikin Beer, try the premium. The bottles seem to be somewhat heavier than ours, so you always think there is some in the bottle. The beer is not bad at all. I don't remember for sure, I think it was at the Banana Beach Resort, I had a Hamburger that was to die for, imagine 1/3 of a pound with all the trimmings so when you are hungry and after a few beers...............heaven!

Enjoy your stay.

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love Truly, Laugh uncontrollably.
"Panty Rippers", that sounds interesting!

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love Truly, Laugh uncontrollably.
Do you know what's in the drink?

Coconut Rum & Pineapple juice

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
...and sometimes grenadine for color. Jet uses that smash stuff...yummy.

first, listen to Barb and SIN...they know of what they speak.

second, TQ, get your butt to the mainland, girlfriend!! not to be missed! i agree with klc - you haven't really been until you've been in it.

lastly, please reconsider a few days in cayo. i am no expert, but this May will be my 6th trip, and my 3rd to cayo (first time to placencia - to get married on a secluded caye!!). we can't wait! there is nothing like waking to the jungle sounds, and seeing the mist rise up from the valley at dawn. seeing wild parrots and toucans is pretty cool too.

C
C
I live on Caye Caulker, have a business here and every day tourist stop by regretting their decission to stay in San Pedro, lots of traffic, expensive, busy, busy. I would do Caye Caulker 7 days , San Pedro 3. Placencia is a great place but after a few days nothing to do, the reef is an hour away. San Ignacio is great also, its a gateway to alot of culture. I just dont like the rat race in San Pedro or the high prices.

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
JZB Offline
"Placencia is a great place but after a few days nothing to do.." That is kinda how I feel about Caye Caulker after a couple hours. The great thing about Ambergris Caye is that you can stay out of town with all the peace and quiet you want but are always a quick jaunt to town when you want something to do. This is a "big" island with many characteristics, something for everyone. Although I do agree it is too expensive.

Y
Yakie Offline OP
OP Offline
Y
We definately will do part of the holidays on both Caye Caulker and Ambergris. Does anyone know if we can fly directly from Cancun, Mexico to either Caye Caulker or Ambergris Caye???? I know that you can fly from Cancun to Belize. Any suggestions on which airlines to check with regarding flights direct to the cayes???? Thanks again for all the help this site provides to us first-timers.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 131 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,202
Posts500,026
Members20,466
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.