Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
Lots of saving time!! I get the feeling we're going to need it! lol

We've decided to stay at Mata Rocks. The place looks very nice and the price was right. Plus, the bar right on the beach looks like the perfect place to spend LOTS of time! lol

Ia Ora Te Natura
E Mea Arofa Teie Ao Nei
haha! u'll have a great time!!!

$$$ u'll need depending on what u plan to do! plus spending $$$ is always nice!

OP Offline
Yeah, the spending money is a must. There seems to be so many great restaurants/bars to choose from so I'm sure we'll be spending a small fortune on food and drinks. We're also going to take a tour to the ruins and do some snorkeling as well. Aside from that, I plan on spending as much time as possible in a hammock on the beach with an ice cold Belikin...and you don't need much money for that! cool

Ia Ora Te Natura
E Mea Arofa Teie Ao Nei
NICE!!! fyi for beer go to a grocery store!! beer can be as cheap as just a lil' over $1 BZD!!
i did the lamanai ruin when i was there! i loved it... would do it again! snorkeling isn't bad for price wise... it was around $30 USD last time i did snorkeling but that was a year ago... focused more on diving this last time around!

the food yeah u can spend a pretty penny on certain places... i went to Blue Water Grill, which btw the food was amazing, but for 2 of us the bill was about $100 USD... drinks, apps, dinner, and dessert! but i also spent as little as about $2 USD for dinner!

OP Offline
You don't think the hotel would mind us bringing outside beer onto their beach??

$2 dinner??? Now that's my speed! lol Joking aside, I really don't mind paying $100 for dinner if the meal and place are great. We only take vacations once a year so spending some money is ok. We'll definitely check out the Blue Water Grill!

Ia Ora Te Natura
E Mea Arofa Teie Ao Nei
prob not... the beachs are all public from what i understand!

i loved the cheap dinners b/c a lot of it was local food! so u can really experience it!

the "expensive" dinners can be very worth ur while! $100 for a meal for two was fine! i was expecting something like that anyway... i was there for a month so budgeting was important but one nice meal like that was great!

blue water grill was exceptional... well i loved it! and it was a nice up grade for one nite!

Ida....do tell, where are you buying Belikin for a buck BZ???

Thats 24BZ a case..even at $1.25 it would be $30, or $15 US a case. Given that direct from the distributor it's considerably more, something sounds slightly amiss.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
i dunno... my friends bought it! thought they said a grocery store... i kno that doesn't really narrow it down! might've be US?!?!? not sure... sorry... i normally just bought my beer if i did drink it at the bar for $5, didn't drink during the day!

S
S
Never at a grocery store for that cost. A certain one is even $4.50 for regular. Beer is $2.32 per bottle by the case at the distributor (if you don't bring back your empties.)

LIBeachBum...
Is that "LONG ISLAND" beach bum...as in LI NJ? if so, trust me, as a phl girl having spent many night/day/weekend in LI...there is NOTHING in your past to prepare you for SP. Just come....you'll love it.
Lara

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 329 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.