Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#232750 03/18/07 11:15 AM
C
OP Offline
C
Hi all .I'm new to the site. My name is jim and I live in alberta canada. thought i would introduce myself and say thanks for all the great info. Just need some help. I've just sold my company and it's time for me to have a life lol. 80 hour work weeks for the last 10 years is enough lol. I'm looking to find a nice beach front home and relax, fish, drink some rum and maybe find my better half. Anyways I've made my short list and the Dominican republic was on top of my list but when i went to visit it just wasn't for me. anyways here are my question. I'm 36 single male just wondering if this is a good place for single men to live and have a social life? I'm planning on flying my plane down does anyone know the fbo on the island. can i clear customs on the island or do i have to fly into Belize city? is there sat Internet available on the island. i need high speed reliable connection at all time. i'm not retiring. i like to play the market during the day. Lastly. if i decide to move to belize can i get residency? and is belize a tax haven. sorry for the dumb question. your responses are appreciated. ty. jim.

Hey Jim,

Post your picture, please.

Dare To Deviate
C
OP Offline
C
post my picture? why?

Hey Jim, I know there is internet on the island and there is a good chance that you can have a pretty good social life there too!
As far as flying you plane in directly to the island I can't help you with good info there. I know there are a few hoops that you have to jump through to get residency, but just hang tight, I know there will be a bunch of people to reply to your questions. There is no such thing as dumb questions.
I know you'll love SP... I sure do!
Oh, and like Chloe said.....post pic! smile hahaha!

Take the road less traveled
canadian jb, with all that free time on your hands and having just sold the company, why not take a week or so down in Belize and do your important research first hand?

We are the curious bunch! Sense of humor runs amok at times!

Take the road less traveled
C
OP Offline
C
i'm planning to visit first in nov. just want to get some idea before i come. thanks for the info

Jim,

Congrats!

I worked at a FBO yeas ago, and there may be one on Ambergris, but I didn't see one (I wasn't looking)

All I saw was a Maya and a Tropics airline. I live in Kansas, and most all of our airports, even rural are bigger than the one at Ambergris As far as Customs, I'm guessing you would need to fly into BZE in Belize City.
Good luck, and welcome aboard... just one word of warning, Once you experience Ambergris, you'll be addicted for life!

Ready to trade in the plane for a bike or even a golfcart? Things are a little different on the island� Go Slow!

Enjoy!

Support Ambergris Caye Emergency Rescue
The life we are trying to save may be a loved one of yours
C
C
MZBZ is the airport of entry. There is no FBO on Ambergris Caye so to speak (no fuel available). All though, Tropic Air is a Cessna service ctr. with TC and FAA licensed mechanics.
There is no problem operating your own acft within belize as long as it's for pvt. use.
Long term Pvt acft parking can be a problem, it can be worked out.

JB, thanks for the pictures. I've already had 5 requests for your pixs, and forwarded same.

You appear to be a well centered handsome guy, and will fit in well in Belize.

Love your dog.

Dare To Deviate
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.