Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#232909 03/20/07 02:03 PM
OP Offline
As we have been down before, we realize that the road north can jangle the kidneys pretty good... I have been reading a bit and it sounds like things north of the cut are even worse. If one is careful, is it still passable with a cart? We like the flexibility of shopping and kicking around town, but are staying north this trip near Journey's End...what are the economic alternatives since we are so far away??? Thanks in adavnce for any responses and can't wait 'til mid April...

All the Best,

mnknznr
S
S
Bicycles

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
OP Offline
Thanks SIN, but with two small boys (one barely a year old) the bicycles aren't the best fit for us...thanks though for the truly best option smile

All the Best,

mnknznr
D
D
A cart would be fine it's not that bad. Escpecially since unlike town you can pick your own pace and most likely be passed only once or twice on the entire trip north of the bridge. And no dirt flying up as the taxis speed around you.

S
S
A good option, not the best in my opinion. A friend drives a stretch golf cart (12 pax) as a taxi north of the bridge. The Island Ferry is much cheaper if you make one or two trips than renting a cart for a week. Some of the resorts rent carts up in that area for a quick run to town. It may not be such an exciting ride for an infant and a little dusty. Make sure you keep his eyes covered up, my four month old got eye infections from the dust.

The truly best option is Jet Ski's in my opinion, but there you go!

SIN

D
D
I've heard about that taxi but have not seen him yet. Would you have any further information on him? What a great idea I would love to use him. How far north does he go?
At least if you use the island ferry you could rent one of the less expensive electric carts for getting to the stores, and distributors to re-supply while in town.

S
S
Julio, once ran water taxi and then land taxi. 602-2884, check with him.

SIN

D
D
He doesn't know anything about it but is a good contact for fishing and other tourist guide type activities. I'll be heading up there in the next couple of days and ask around. I would imagine he would only go to Journeys End though. Thanks anyway.

S
S
Julio drives the Taxi?

As of last week, the roads were all dry & driving was easy. however if it is raining a lot, it will be tougher. it was so dry there were no skeeters to fight off. BONUS.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 284 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.