Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
OP Offline
L
Fido' Sandbar is doing a new format for dining. It is no longer the cookie cutter version of Fido's. They are doing special nights . Last night Thurston and I went over to try the Thai night. It was wonderful. Four courses for $60.00 BZ. We thought it was great. Appetizers were: Crispy Shrimp or Chicken Satay. (Both good.) Thai Soup, We had the red pork curry and the green chicken curry, served with sticky rice. Dessert was ice cream with fresh fruit.
Think I have this correct, But Monday night is Italian, Tues.Thai, Wed. Mexican night, Thurs. Seafood, and Friday is Chefs Choice.
If this continues to be so good, I think it is a great boon to the South end. Something a little different. If last night was any indication would say it is worth the ride down here.

R.B. Mernitz
Well shut my mouth ,another poster said it was changed to upscale????but upscale at fidos south ??as it just a bar/ restaurant thought they where drinking to much. It is a nice place ,but not upscale ?? but you say worth the trip, thats great news !!!Do you know who is the new chef?? I am assuming adam is not there !!!!who's running it?? I Will have to put it on my must check out list in april ,very nice location by the ocean/beach !!Hope it lasts...

Living The Dream Every Day!
L
OP Offline
L
Adam is the chef. New managment however. His food has to date been very good. Think this is his forte. We're keeping our fingers crossed it will remain so. Nice to have the convenience if the food is good. Since I have in the past been somewhat "critical" of my next door neighbors (namely Royal Carribean) feel it only fair to give them a thumbs up when it is good. I'm in my good girl mode today!

R.B. Mernitz
I'm sure Adam is still there and has most likely thought of some great suggestions to revise the current menu. That's great that they have different specials on each each night! I'll definitey try it when I'm down next!

Thanks lovey for the 411! I love hanging out down there so this is great to know!!

SIN!..........

Ah, good to know Adam is definitely there.

Thx!

Adam said he was going to make it happen , one day but when??? Maybe he got his way ,he does have talent..would love to see this place make it ,but it is easy to talk the talk ,but tough to walk the walk on the island .Sanpedro has lots of obstacles,to make a good place happen and work.I wish them well.

Living The Dream Every Day!
Can he fix that broken down dock and low water soon?? I wish them well but always have some problems landing the yacht at their dock.

L
OP Offline
L
Think that may be an on going issue with the resort. Doubt Royal Caribbean will ever put up any money to put that in. Fido's has been cleaning up the back road. Bulldozer and cleaning up trash, really a big improvement for all of us. I think the conventional wisdom at R.C. is , wait long enough and someone else will pay for it. A pier is a little costly, and not sure why anyone would put all that money into someone elses property. Too bad.

R.B. Mernitz

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 303 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.