Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#233163 - 03/22/07 09:36 PM Need Sunglasses!
SimonB Offline
Is anyone out there headed up to Chetumal this weekend or coming down from the US early next week that could pick me up a pair of Maui Jim Cyclone sunglasses (black/grey lenses) for me.

Lost mine last night and urgently need a new pair.

If you're going to Chet I can give you the money up front (Sunglasses Hut in the mall has them). Or if you're coming down I can have the money waiting for you when you arrive. They retail for $199US.

Thanks,

Simon...

#233164 - 03/22/07 09:38 PM Re: Need Sunglasses! [Re: SimonB]
travelqueen Offline
Pick me up a pair too, will ya??? :P

#233168 - 03/22/07 09:51 PM Re: Need Sunglasses! [Re: SimonB]
KC Jayhawk Offline
Simon, you know that the length of time that you hold onto a pair of sunglasses is inversely proportional to how much you pay for them. You pay $8 for a pair of sunglasses, you'll never get rid of them. You pay $200, you'll lose them leaving the store.

#233171 - 03/22/07 09:59 PM Re: Need Sunglasses! [Re: KC Jayhawk]
DGrefreshed Offline
I keep hearing that cheap sunglasses tune by ZZ in my head

#233172 - 03/22/07 10:00 PM Re: Need Sunglasses! [Re: DGrefreshed]
travelqueen Offline
KC, so true!!!

#233174 - 03/22/07 10:09 PM Re: Need Sunglasses! [Re: KC Jayhawk]
SimonB Offline
Actually this is the first good pair I've ever lost and I've had them for a year and half. Right now I'm wearing my old Ray Bans which cost $200 and I've had them for over 5 years. The pair previous to that were the same kind and lasted for 4 years before I wore them out. Based on the logic of keeping a good pair for an average of 3 years it works out to about $.20 a day which works for me.

When you spend as much time by or on the water as I do it's a good idea to have decent lenses.

#233175 - 03/22/07 10:10 PM Re: Need Sunglasses! [Re: SimonB]
2MILESNORTHOFCUT Offline
Simon, I hate when that happens frown We won't be down for several weeks, But if for some reason no one brings them down we will make sure we do. Our Captain lost his one time so we brought him a pair of costa del mar glasses, Really made his day grin He had been without glasses for several weeks, Not a good thing when you live in the tropics.

#233239 - 03/23/07 04:21 PM Re: Need Sunglasses! [Re: 2MILESNORTHOFCUT]
Amanda Syme Offline
Simon, Capt Sharks sells some really great Costa Del Mar sunglasses. They come with life time guarantees - kinda like craftsman tools. If you break them, the arms snap off, the lens breaks, you send them back and you get them repaired or replaced for the cost of shipping in most cases. Initial cost is about $250 US. But well worth it for the great customer service.

I have 2 pairs - can't live without them. When one pair is broken and being fixed I have the back up pair. Can't go wrong.

Disclaimer - Capt Sharks has not paid for this advertisement!

#233246 - 03/23/07 04:56 PM Re: Need Sunglasses! [Re: Amanda Syme]
Anonymous
I wear spectacles and have found few sunglasses that fit over the top. Easily the best brand I've found for that is Cocoon (US$40) and apart from that convenience they make jolly good sunglasses (good UV absorption etc). Plastic lenses that nonetheless don't seem to scratch, unlike Costa del Mar which have glass lenses and won't scratch at all unless you really try hard - but they will shatter if you drop them on a stone.

I used a pair of Cocoons for more than a year, including going out on boats most days and getting them covered in sea water, and after washing they always looked as new (I know from experience that salt water can strip coatings from some lenses). My staff generally use Costa del Mar (as the boss I can't afford them!) and there's no difference in the way they last.

I was thinking of stocking Cocoons - any views on how popular they'd be?

Oh, and Rudi (Island Diver Supplies) also sells Costa del Mar.

#233303 - 03/23/07 11:24 PM Re: Need Sunglasses! [Re: ]
SimonB Offline
Thanks all for your help and suggestions. I'm kinda set on the Maui Jim's as they're the first ones I've found that really fit my face well. An offer has been made to bring some down next week.

Cheers,

Simon...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 27 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,675 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,058 Topics
462,302 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.