Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#23339 06/29/00 09:21 AM
A
auschen Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Hi Everyone! I'm planning a trip to AC in November and I'm really looking at Mata Chica. A few questions: Has anyone stayed at Mata Chica and could share their thoughts? Also, how are the misquotos there in late October and early November? And, lastly, from that location, which of the Mayan ruins is most easily visited? Thanks so much in advance.

#23340 06/29/00 05:26 PM
Mata Chica is rad, incredible, every single nuance is wonderful. Fine living and fine dining.

Skeeters are not bad along the shore, can get wose when you go into the center of the island.

Altun Ha is the closest, but I love going to lamanai: //AmbergrisCaye.com/tanisha/lamanai/html

#23341 07/05/00 07:30 AM
A
auschen Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Thank you Marty and I look for your messages from other topics too! You help many people with your insight and tips and thank you again for helping me. If I come up with anything else, I'll be sure to find you. Take care and see you soon!

#23342 07/05/00 11:25 PM
We have been on AC every November over Thanks giving for the last 12 years or so. As said, coast is not too bad for bugs, but center of island will get you scratching most days. So bring somthing. Do enjoy yourself...grat place to be in November. Hope you get off to visit other parts of Belize too! A sail to Caye Caulker every Thanksgoiving day is our thing. Our last night is always spent at the restaurant Capricorn up island. Annabel & Clarence are good people and they put out a great time & XLNT food. Hope you get to it. Enjoy & mayhaps we will see you there!

Stephi G
Frequent Belize Traveler
Since 1989
#23343 07/06/00 09:51 AM
We've been to SP the last week of Oct. first week of Nov the past three years. A little buggy but certainly nothing to be concerned about. A little more likely to rain but again not a problem. Out of seven days you should have 5 great days, a couple that give you additional time to relax, contemplate life and watch the rain. (Adult beverages help during those moments, if one is so inclined.) Lamanai is great trip. We've used Seduced by BZ the last few times. Elitio's boat is a real experience on the Northern River. TAKE BUG SPRAY, even in April.

We are also going to be there through the 5th of Nov., so we actually practice what we preach.

C-C

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 254 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.