Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
OP Offline
S
I pay a annual fee at the Town Board for the permit (no other district pays this fee). I pay an annual fee to the Traffic Department for registration. I have a registered and licensed (plate) cart. I also pay insurance and about $US5 per gallon, for gas, which half of the price is taxes. I drive a pretty nice looking cart, to me at least.

I'm not placing a big ugly orange sticker on my cart. Use the money I have paid you to count yourself using the information you have. Hello?

If anyone doesn't like my driving, tell me. Don't try to jot down a number when driving! Your eyes should be on the road and your hands on the weel. What the [#%!]?

I can't believe folks just lined up and put these stickers on their nice carts because someone said to? Where is the S.I. or decree from the Commissioner? Didn't they all ready try this, five years ago?

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
C
C
is it the actual Belize liscense plate or the registration sticker??

S
S
Neither. It's one more lame attempt to "count" all the vehicles on the island. Somehow a list of registered vehicles from the Transport Department, and a list of all the Town Council permits issued doesn't satisfy the anals that are running this.
I could understand if it was a money raising scheme but if that were the case they could charge much more than BZ$10. And they could save money by nixing the big ugly stickers. Mine is in my wallet, ready to show if necessary.

S
OP Offline
S
Put your trust in a gringo and see what happens! I'm sure my cart will be impounded and I'll be fined but it will not be the first time. This is ludaCHRIS! Thank you Tom.

SIN

And, what is the purpose for "knowing" the number of vehicles on the island? What will they do with that information? Vehicles are a direct result of the number of people on the island. More people = more vehicles. Once there was a talk of a moratorium on vehicles. If they want more tourists and more people to service those tourists, they are going to have to have more vehicles. If not, then put a moratorium on people. Count the people and figure out what the island can support. It is not only vehicles and roads. It is water, sewer, electricty, garbage, housing, etc ie: all the infratructure that is needed to support a population. frown

S
OP Offline
S
True

C
C
what are the numbers now??? as far as population and tourist??

They will not know until they put stickers on the people. grin

lol. I'm envisioning SIN with an orange sticker on his head. Pedro too, but as an English football fan, orange would be a hell of an insult.

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
S
S
Rumour has it that they plan to tattoo a number on everyones forearm...tourists too!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 289 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.