Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
arlb99 Offline OP
OP Offline
A
HI we are new here so i am sorry if this has been asked before...

We have been doing alot of research on Moving to Belize. However I keep running into conflicting information in regards to residency and requirments. We do not qualify for the retirment program because we are not 45. Any help is greatful as we have a TON of questions.

S
S
You can work on your QRP while you are here and they can work with you within reason if you are close to 45 and have the income to support yourself here without working.

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
A
arlb99 Offline OP
OP Offline
A
sorry but not sure what QRP is..again new to this and this forum. We prefer to buy either property or land with cash.
nevermind I just read your reply again, and nope we are not near 45~ still in our 30's.

Last edited by arlb99; 03/26/07 05:51 PM.
P
P
Arlb99,
I love to chat with you. We are planning our move too - we are in the same age group. Would love to share information that we both obtain.

Patty and Greg
[email protected]

QRP = Qualify Retired Persons

Belize IFSC QRP Law(Right click -> SAVE AS):

http://www.ifsc.gov.bz/acts/retired.pdf

Google -> Belize+Qualified+Retired+Persons

http://www.google.com.bz/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=Jsy&q=Belize+Qualified+Retired+Persons&btnG=Search

Residency is the way to go then, about a two year process. Any questions you can PM me. DAve

C
C
Almost everyone goes through a slightly different process when getting their Residency. Some can apply for work permits immediatly as we did, some have to wait 6 months. We did all our own paperwork and had an extremly easy time of it for low income folks. Just dont try to rush it with what they call an expiditor, their day is gone I know 6 people who have been ripped off or have waited well over a year with no results. After my 2 work permit I turned in my residency paperwork and had it in 4 months, took my husband 8. If you cant wait here for these things you can go through a attorney you can get a work permit as you usually will need 2 years of work permits before applying for residency, and live and work back home until your papers come in, a attorney can be a link to keep you updated, beware the people who are not attorneys who offer these services. You should also know if you come in on a retirment program you cant work here. If you want to work here you are limited in what you can do.

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
Before you can apply for residency you have to live in Belize for 12 months with no more than 14 days out of the country.

C
C
This is also a rule not set in stone, as neither my husband or I were in the country for more than 6 months of the year, we have no pull here,This was just last year,` in the States our income put us slightly below middle income. What a person as in this topic finds so confusing is everyone will tell you somthing different, that is because it is different for everyone. What I found is that if you turn your paperwork in to any branch immigration office they will check your documents off a check list, if you are not following the checklist they will not accept your paperwork. If you turn your paperwork in , in Belmopan . It is not to hard to see the director and it its up to his discretion to waive any requirments. It is a frustrating process and takes patience. If you proceed your experience will be uniquely yours as was everyones.. thats why asking advice can be so confussing;

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
S
S
The Caymans have a good system. Every business opened needs to have a minimum of 50% owned by local Caymanian (silent or active). Fifth largest economy in the World.

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 278 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.