Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
OP Offline
D
hello all im claire am married with two teenage children, its our dream to move abroad and run our own small resort, what is Ambergris caye like to live in and can anyone give me any info at all on schools, medical and if its worth it to up sticks and get a mortgage on a resort

thanks x

D
OP Offline
D
anyone? x

Maybe you should look under the topics "Living in BZE" and "Employment on AC" for answers to some of these very broad questions.

Also, you may think about making a visit to AC.

G
G
Dreaming, have you EVER been here? If not, that is the FIRST thing you need to do. It's not cheap, you need MONEY, and if you still have kids in school, you really need to look at the education they would be receiving here as opposed to where you are now. It's a great place to visit and live, but it is not for everyone!!

D
OP Offline
D
ah ok thanks x

S
spl Offline
S
Very rude reply, however not surprising. Besides, who said the person does not have money? Some actually do govikes! If you are truely interested in running a resort and living there take a trip down. No place is for everyone so if this is your dream take a trip down. From what I hear living there is nothing like vacationing there but go for it if it's what you want and you're able to do! Good for you for dreaming.

L
L
I moved here one year ago and bought a business 4 months later as a single, independent woman with 22 years of experience living in foreign countries and travelling around the world. It did nothing to prepare me for living here. It was hard and frustrating and sometimes I questioned my sanity. I have since rethought many of the things I thought I had known for decades and unlearned many of my old habits. I made some amazing friends who helped me and things got easier. If you are thinking of moving your entire family here, have as much information as you can. Infact, you may concider leaving them in the country in which they live now and coming on your own and getting much of it in place before moving them here.
Getting financing for your dream may be a nightmare, as repayment can be very costly and just getting a credit line can be next to impossible. I wanted to apply for a personal BZE credit card at my bank and they told me that in order to get a credit card with a $5000BZD limit, I would have to prove a steady monthly income of $7000BZD. WT*?
You can do it. Employ patience, have a plan "B" all thought out, allow twice as much time and much more money, and never expect it to turn out as you thought it would. It may turn out as it "should" instead. I am very glad I came here, and this is where I will remain for at least the next 10 years.

Sherry

L
L
Govikes was not being "rude" just realistic. Most dreams have a better chance of coming true when tempered with some reality.

R.B. Mernitz
I agree. When you tell people who are so far behind the learning curve to "just do it" it's not being helpful. If those getting cautionary advice take offense at the cautions, they have a long way to go to an open-minded assessment of their probability of a successful move.

S
spl Offline
S
I never said "just do it" did I? Lovely, dreams have a chance or coming true when you put your mind to it, research it, and have the means to do it. Most don't come true not because it is not reality but because so many don't do what is necessary to make it come true.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.