Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
D
OP Offline
D
hello all im claire am married with two teenage children, its our dream to move abroad and run our own small resort, what is Ambergris caye like to live in and can anyone give me any info at all on schools, medical and if its worth it to up sticks and get a mortgage on a resort

thanks x

D
OP Offline
D
anyone? x

S
S
You may want to do a search on this board and also the Belize Forum. Lots of info, lots of issues. Wishing you the best with your adventures!

This site is quite helpful I think. http://belizefirst.com/livehome.html

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

Dear Dreaming
Before you "pick up sticks" read the book "Don't Stop The Carnival."

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Whatever you do come here for at least three months, preferably six, before you make any long term committment.

i read lan suders books too before getting here. there is nothing to completely prepare you, just come with an open mind.

suffice to say, many many many of us are completely in love with the place.

Dreaming of sun, Don't stop dreaming but please - visit until your children are raised. There are no schools here for teenagers, that remotely come close to a High school in the States or Canada. Teen years are tough enough without having to deal with a different culture, loss of friends, and getting a sub-standard education.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
indygal - I might agree with different culture & loss of friends - but sub-standard education???? I don't know any Belizean child that has moved to the states or Canada that has been "held back". Most of the Belizean kids I know end up as A and B students if they go up to high school or college.

I grew up here in Belize and attended San Pedro High School. I may not be a lawyer or a doctor - but that is by choice not because of inability.

I am totally gob smacked that you believe the Belize education system is sub-standard. In fact I am so amazed I can't even type anymore right now!!!!!

Dreamin of the sun. Why not call the new owners of Capricorn Resort. They just moved here with 2 teens. I am sure that they would be very pleased to answer your questions - they are lovely, friendly people.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.