Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#233615 - 03/27/07 11:28 PM How Hot Is It Going to Be in Ambergris Caye
suzie1 Offline
How hot does it actually feel during the day on Ambergris Caye. They say the temp will be 89 degrees and with the humidity factored in. Do the sea breezes make it okay. I suffer from heat intolerance so am slightly concerned. Thanks S

#233626 - 03/28/07 01:02 AM Re: How Hot Is It Going to Be in Ambergris Caye [Re: suzie1]
Sun&sand Offline
suzie, it's hot. Stinking hot. No breeze to speak of, and the flies swarm your head with every beat of your heart. No...kidding...there is almost always a breeze from the ocean. If you stay along the water, you will be fine. If you go even as far as front street, behind the buildings, you will get sweaty, but you are on a tropical island...you will sweat, regardless. We have been there at different times throughout the year, and almost always have commented on the breezes..they are wonderful. Don't worry, go and enjoy. If you get too hot, go into the AC and have a cold adult beverage, and ebbyting will be alrite, mon.

#233693 - 03/28/07 07:25 PM Re: How Hot Is It Going to Be in Ambergris Caye [Re: Sun&sand]
Sir Isaac Newton Offline
It can get really hot here! Too hot for most that live in cooler climates, north of the southern states.

Keeping in the shade and the breeze can cool things down.

If it is a serious issue, you may want to stick to December,January for a stay when cold fronts are likely to occur and the nights are much cooler during these months. The summer months here can be brutal.

Stay away from inland trips, stay in the shade, stay close to the Sea and your pool and you should be ok!

SIN

#233707 - 03/28/07 08:27 PM Re: How Hot Is It Going to Be in Ambergris Caye [Re: Sir Isaac Newton]
SP Daily Offline
Huh??? Are we on the same island?

#233781 - 03/29/07 07:44 PM Re: How Hot Is It Going to Be in Ambergris Caye [Re: SP Daily]
Barbara K Offline
You might want to visit the Mountain Pine Ridge on the mainland when you are in Belize. Tends to stay somewhat cooler there due to the higher elevations. Some hotels there even have fireplaces. I agree about visiting in Dec, Jan & Feb. Other than those months, it is pretty much guarnateed to be very hot & humid.

#234175 - 04/02/07 08:46 PM Re: How Hot Is It Going to Be in Ambergris Caye [Re: Barbara K]
Otteralum Offline
September was brutal for me, but I'm an Ohio boy -- I expected it and made plans accordingly. Still had a blast. Water sports by day and bars by night made it palatable.

February made paradise even paradisier.

#235046 - 04/12/07 07:03 PM Re: How Hot Is It Going to Be in Ambergris Caye [Re: ]
suzie1 Offline
I just got back on Sunday from Ambergris Caye. Weather was wonderful nothing like the heat we experience in the southern US during summer. So all that worry for nothing. Thanks for all the feed back though. Suzie1

#235047 - 04/12/07 07:08 PM Re: How Hot Is It Going to Be in Ambergris Caye [Re: suzie1]
SP Daily Offline
Predicted 95F today

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 39 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,047 Topics
462,273 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.