Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
OP Offline
S
Well done! Some positive vybez for the day.

http://www.channel5belize.com/#a6

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
SIN, while I'm glad that the U.S. military is gaining credibility in some small way, I must remain intellectually honest here.

It would be hypocritical for me to decry U.S. funding of unethical wars and then support this action. Both are inappropriate uses of my tax dollars as a U.S. citizen.

I am not equating the building of schools with killing people, but both use my money for purposes not permitted by our constitution.

Sorry.

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
Well said OTTER.

However, being the realist I am, it will be long forgotten. The "Invasions" are the only thing that makes the news, and shapes the perceptions of the U.S. No one ( or nation for that matter) ever remembers, talks about, or appreciates the Humanitarian efforts we as tax payers fund day after day.

Never Use money to measure wealth
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Giving foreign aid is against the US constitution?

seldom recognized that way, but most certainly YES!

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people."

And nowhere are the treasures of the U.S. to be given away in the constitution. Thus, unless approved by individual states or the people by direct authority, foreign aid is illegal.

I recognize both points of view as definitely valid. Pragmatically tho, I have seen my tax dollars so frequently pi**ed away on feel good/accomplish nothing projects domestically, that it refreshes me to see something which has a positive impact on the perception of the military. This benefits us as much as them. These people are not conscripted cannon fodder, they are our fellow citizens and talented individuals who have a decided regard for the welfare of others. My hat is off to them, bravo.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
Agreed Bobber, and I'm not so naive as to believe our own laws are being followed otherwise.

However, to accept this is to accept the door remaining open for any number of efforts for which there is minimal oversight and accountability.

Americans give more of their personal income as a percentage than any other people on Earth. I would much prefer that taxes be lowered and our citizens be able to give even more. This is a very public story because it involves the U.S. military -- there are countless more stories of generosity that go untold because the givers do not seek the publicity paraded such that this is. Shame.

Agreed Otter. Think the change of power will lower the taxes? Doubtful. I think it has been proven in the last few decades that lowering the taxes rejuvenates the economy. Unfortunately, the new power base would rather get all the control they can, so they can dole it out to those who they deem need it (or party favorites, or entitlements, or whatever. Redistribution of wealth, by any other name is the same). Is it just me, or does this money more often go to those who want it, instead of those who need it?

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
Not just you at all. The latest Iraq funding bill is a perfect example this. The powerful placate others with power by redistributing the assets of the weakest.

"You give me my subsidy for beet farmers to aid my re-election campaign and I'll fund the troops."

Sick!

S
S
Originally Posted by Otteralum

Americans give more of their personal income as a percentage than any other people on Earth.

I don't believe that! Show us the stats.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 313 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.