Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
OP Offline
H
which island is better? should we try and see both? what about transportation from each island?

B
B
It really depends on what you like...Ambergris Caye is larger, more crowded, better beaches, more things to do, more restaurant/bar choices...Caye Caulker is very quiet, much more laid back, a bit more "crunchy". I like Ambergris better...the water taxi between the two only takes about 25 minutes so a day trip to Caulker is usually enough for me.

C
C
Thats a hard question to answer. I live on Caye Caulker but come from a small town in Montana. I do not like all the traffic and hussle bussle of San Pedro. We have only a few service cars here these Cayes are much to small for alot of vehicles. Caye Caulker is also alot less expensive. You can actually go on a snorkle trip from here to San Pedro for less than the same trip out of San Pedro. We have upscale resorts fine dining, nightlife etc, and a go slow moto. Not to put down San Pedro, depends on what you want. If you are young and want some action, or can afford to stay in one of the many resorts south or north, rent a golf cart to get around, San Pedro is great, my kids love San Pedro, they love to Party, You did not say when you were coming but high season is just about over so traffic and Hotel prices in San Pedro will come down. I would split your trip up and visit both.Keep in mind you have posted this question on the ambergris link so most replys will be pro San Pedro, ask the same on the Caye Caulker link.

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 302 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.