Ambergris Caye Caye Caulker HELP! Visitor Center Businesses Lodging

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#234194 - 04/02/07 07:46 PM newbee seeks advice
shh576 Offline
i am travelling to belize for the first time soon--i am planning on spending time on caye caulker and on ambergris caye
which caye should i spend time on first??? is one better than the other as far as taking day trips--snorkeling, etc.

#234216 - 04/02/07 11:48 PM Re: newbee seeks advice [Re: shh576]
TamTam Offline
I stayed on Caye Caulker and did three days of scuba diving and there are many sailing, snorkeling and fishing trips offered there; as well as inland excursions. You can do the same stuff on either island I beleive. Caulker is just supposed to be smaller and slightly slower with less people. Am I right people who know?
Hope it helps : )

#234229 - 04/03/07 08:49 AM Re: newbee seeks advice [Re: TamTam]
Otteralum Offline
yep. I would start on AC to get a feel for what is available as far as nightlife, restaurants, excursions and tours inland. Basically then, you can get a subset of that same experience on CC at a slower pace. Depends on your tastes really. I barely got to see CC on my last trip and can't wait to spend more time there -- but I'm glad I know all that is available on AC first.

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.

#234244 - 04/03/07 11:22 AM Re: newbee seeks advice [Re: Otteralum]
Barbara K Offline
Caulker is cheaper for just about everything and most of the same tours, diving, etc are available from there. AC has more to offer in the way of hotel & restaurant choices, nightlife, amenities (Jet skis, parasailing, etc) Caulker is like AC used to be 20 years ago.
If you are splitting the trip up, why not spend part on the mainland rainforest and part on 1 of the cayes. It would be much more varied and a fuller experience of the country, than 2 islands 12 miles apart from each other. Or if you want 2 beach areas, how about 1 of the cayes and 1 of the southern shore areas like Placencia or Hopkins. Just some ideas on how to get the most (IMO) from a Belize trip!

#234258 - 04/03/07 01:10 PM Re: newbee seeks advice [Re: Barbara K]
Otteralum Offline
Great idea Barbara. I wouldn't be nearly as in love with Belize if it weren't for my time inland.
I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.

#234339 - 04/04/07 07:27 AM Re: newbee seeks advice [Re: Otteralum]
J DOG Offline
We always spend a few days on Caulker before going to the fast pace of S.P.

#234748 - 04/09/07 08:45 AM Re: newbee seeks advice [Re: J DOG]
harleylady Offline
Well I go to cc rather than SP only because I am trying to get away from the past pace of life. I see the attraction if your younger than I but I really just want to dive and relax.
Don't wait till it's to late to say I love you

#234751 - 04/09/07 09:27 AM Re: newbee seeks advice [Re: harleylady]
Hon Offline
Where do you all live that San Pedro is 'fast' in comparison?

I live in a rural area outside of a town of less than 7,000 people and I find San Pedro very relaxing smile
Newfoundlanders are the only people in heaven who want to go home.

#234788 - 04/09/07 06:09 PM Re: newbee seeks advice [Re: Hon]
Cooper Offline
San Pedro is fast!!!!! That does not have to be a bad thing. I meet alot of folks daily in my business who stayed on San Pedro first trip as I did and decide they like C.C. better. The biggest fear of most of C.C. residents is that it will end up like San Pedro. I come from Montana, near Glacier Park, prior to that 25 yrs in Hawaii. On the flip side my children love S.P. but if its their dime they cant afford it. Its a great place, great food, much more variety of things. I often question all the messages from folks who just love S.P. but why not? Its not a bad place , everyone has different taste.

#234791 - 04/09/07 06:33 PM Re: newbee seeks advice [Re: Cooper]
AlJ Offline
Where in Montana? We were in Glacier last summer and loved it. We met a guy on Caulker in Feb from Montana talking to Carlos Ayala. Anyone you know?
Our Belize Trips and Pictures

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 106 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,635 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,709 Topics
461,235 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory Picture of the Day