Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
ghbyram Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey folks! My family and I (2 adults, 3 daughters) will be in AC in late May/early June. The muni tip that I found on here will net us about $270 savings in airline fees ... more than justifying the $25 taxi ride from international to muni.

What I didn't see in my searches on the topic is:
1. Do any of you foresee an issue getting a family of 5 into a single taxi in belize city? I'm less worried about being able to fit us and luggage than I am about city capacity regulations for taxis (in the US, the absolute max is typically 4 per taxi). Logic tells me it won't be an issue, but might as well ask the dumb question.

2. Does anyone have any info on a car/taxi service that we could pre-arrange? Years of traveling for business have instilled in me a preference for pre-arranging my ground transport (plus I could get some assurance/agreement that the above will not be an issue that complicates or delays our transfer).

Thanks for any input.

Grady

Depending on how old/big the daughters are, you can usually get 5 into one taxi. Also depends on how much luggage you have. The taxis are often old Buick LeSabre type large cars or mini vans. I have a driver in Belize City I use named Errol Flowers and you can call him at 011-501-602-0120 or 223-1613. But there are usually many taxis waiting at the Int'l, and you can choose the size you will need from the line.

ghbyram Offline OP
OP Offline
That's exactly what I needed to hear. Thanks Barbara!

I also have a wonderful guy who has a dodge mini van takes 5 plus all your bags ,and he is a nice clean cut family man who will meet you after you leave customs ..he will wait there with a sign with your name on it and not leave till you show up....for $35 us to muni.very reliable =his name is efram 011-501 -6018409 if you want to speak to me about him call me at my work number 1 800 231 7447 ask for capt jeff.I can not praise him enough..

Living The Dream Every Day!

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 128 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.