Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#23461 07/10/00 02:05 PM
K
Kiwi Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Was wanting a bit of advice on accomodation please.

Looking at heading to AC in Dec and thinking of staying at the Green Parrot? Is is close to the action, nice beach etc etc. Want to be able to do lots of diving/fishing/relaxing with nightlife. I see Rubies feature a bit on this board. Is it closer in...better?? Wanting cheap accomodation for a couple of backpackers but gotta be clean.

Thanks in advance for the tips!

Kiwi

#23462 07/10/00 02:20 PM
Cheap and clean would be Rubies. Right smack in the middle of town on Front Street. Not familiar with the Green Parrot, but Rubies is an institution. Not too much beach to get excited about in AC. There are some pretty wide places reef side along Front Street. All the sand is brought in, AC is basically a rock. A damn nice rock, but still a rock.

#23463 07/10/00 02:54 PM
Not sure how you picked the Green Parrot, but it would not be what you are looking for, either in location or price. It's on North Ambergris.

(The Green Parrot in Maya Beach, Placencia, is what most people think of when they think Green Parrot in Belize.)

I second Ruby's (or Rubie's). Also would suggest the San Pedrano, popular with European budget travelers, also on Front Street, in town, a little farther up. The Hideway about 1/4 mile south of town, another budget to low moderate spot, is not on the water but it does have a pool.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
#23464 07/10/00 03:59 PM
I'll second the Hideaway. Lan mentioned that it's not on the beach, but I could see the water from my room. For a basic, no frills (and not gross) kind of place, I think it's the cheapest one that has a pool.

#23465 07/11/00 09:38 AM
I'll go with the Hideaway too. Never stayed there but know many who have. Seems to used by a number of school groups traveling to the island. They would be pretty particular about where they stayed but also have some budget restrictions. (Unless of course it's one of those tony Ivy League places).

You'll be happy in either the Hideaway or Rubys'. Heck why not try both, and let us know.

#23466 07/11/00 02:54 PM
Rubies is super cheap, 3 rooms facing water, ground floor that share a very CLEAN bathroom. No complaints from us, for $15 U.S. a night. Its very convenient with a cafe right there open for breakfast and lunch, right in town. If you go to Caye Caulker, we were there in January and stayed at the Tropical Star,nasty, dirty, bad news, complained to the management several times. It was more than a momentary lapse in housekeeping, the dirt was deep. If you go to Caye Caulker, and are looking for budget accomodations, try the Rainbow, it looked O.K., its right next to the flop house we stayed in. But for San Pedro, Rubies is a winner, no problem in the housekeeping department!
http://www.caribbean-colors.com

#23467 07/12/00 11:50 AM
We stay at the Conch Shell Hotel. Rooms cleaned daily and friendly helpful family. Save money by getting a room with a fridge (and stove) for beverages and snacks. See their web page on this site under lodging.
Belize it!

#23468 07/12/00 02:38 PM
B
B
I need the same sort of help. Was thinking about staying at the Seven Seas resort. $60 night, on beach, has pool, sounds good, but I've never been to Belize.

I'm looking for a clean hotel with comfortable bed and pool on beach. I can only pay $70 or less a night (per room) and would prefer to pay less.
Any suggestions? I'm too old and too married for the backpacking crowd. :-) Thanks, BeerBudget

#23469 07/14/00 11:44 AM
Checked out the Seven Seas for a friend. Although it is on the beach north of town the pool is in back, no real view. Excellent view from their rooftop patio of the reef side and lagoon side.
If you can live without a pool in the Caribbean you can find much cheaper accomodations.
Belize it!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 290 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.