Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#234656 - 04/07/07 04:18 PM Access to town if staying up north?
Rach72 Offline
I posted a while ago about Isla Mujeres v. AC and I'm happy to report, thanks to all the helpful responses... we decided to honeymoon in AC! We're very excited to come down in November but have more questions. We've heard that Belizean shores is a great place to stay so would love input on that and also wanted to know if the ferry/water taxi shuts down early such that we'd be stranded in town if we stay there late. Thanks in advance!

#234667 - 04/07/07 05:13 PM Re: Access to town if staying up north? [Re: Rach72]
BeachBride07 Offline
Hey there- we visited the belizean shores last week- we thought it was very nice- the grounds were pretty and well kept and the pool was really nice as well with a pool bar. Also got to see the interior of a room and they were very comfortable as well- think you will like it there a lot. I have pictures of the rooms if you would like to see- currently I am searching for the cord that attaches my camera to the computer but when I find it I'll post some. As for town access- We took a golf cart from town to this resort. The roads suck but they are passable if you go slow- it took us 20 minutes (a long 20 min) to get to belizean shores via golf cart. We did this during the day, so I don't know if the north road is lit at night or not- you might want to find that out. Also, I don't know what the road will be like in November- if it will wash out in the rain. For the water taxi- I don't remember times 100% but I think they stop running around 9pm every night- a few nights a week (Wednesday, Friday and Saturday I think) they have late night runs at 12 pm and 1 (or 2) am- double check the days and times but that is the general idea. :-)

#234683 - 04/07/07 07:44 PM Re: Access to town if staying up north? [Re: BeachBride07]
scubawalk Offline
The road up North is passable day or night when it is dry. Just remember at night the insects can be bad enough to carry you away. When it rains, it will take twice as long to get anywhere, if you can make it at all. Lots of mud holes and you will get stuck.

I just talked to the owner of Island Ferry. The ferry has late runs North at 11:00, 12:00 PM and 1:00 AM. If there are four or more people, they all travel at the regular rate depending on how far North they go. If there are less than four, the rate is based on a private ferry. Belizean Shores is $50.00 BZ for a private. After Journey's End the rate goes up.

Belizean Shores is a great place. My wife and I used to own a condo there before we moved here full time.
"Just another Day in Paradise"

#234690 - 04/07/07 09:48 PM Re: Access to town if staying up north? [Re: Rach72]
Rach72 Offline
Excellent, thank you both for the information!

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 17 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,631 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,679 Topics
461,170 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.