Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
suzie1 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
How hot does it actually feel during the day on Ambergris Caye. They say the temp will be 89 degrees and with the humidity factored in. Do the sea breezes make it okay. I suffer from heat intolerance so am slightly concerned. Thanks S

suzie, it's hot. Stinking hot. No breeze to speak of, and the flies swarm your head with every beat of your heart. No...kidding...there is almost always a breeze from the ocean. If you stay along the water, you will be fine. If you go even as far as front street, behind the buildings, you will get sweaty, but you are on a tropical island...you will sweat, regardless. We have been there at different times throughout the year, and almost always have commented on the breezes..they are wonderful. Don't worry, go and enjoy. If you get too hot, go into the AC and have a cold adult beverage, and ebbyting will be alrite, mon.

Live so that when you arise in the A.M, Satan shudders & says..
'Oh sh t..she's awake!'
S
S
It can get really hot here! Too hot for most that live in cooler climates, north of the southern states.

Keeping in the shade and the breeze can cool things down.

If it is a serious issue, you may want to stick to December,January for a stay when cold fronts are likely to occur and the nights are much cooler during these months. The summer months here can be brutal.

Stay away from inland trips, stay in the shade, stay close to the Sea and your pool and you should be ok!

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
S
S
Huh??? Are we on the same island?

You might want to visit the Mountain Pine Ridge on the mainland when you are in Belize. Tends to stay somewhat cooler there due to the higher elevations. Some hotels there even have fireplaces. I agree about visiting in Dec, Jan & Feb. Other than those months, it is pretty much guarnateed to be very hot & humid.

September was brutal for me, but I'm an Ohio boy -- I expected it and made plans accordingly. Still had a blast. Water sports by day and bars by night made it palatable.

February made paradise even paradisier.

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
S
suzie1 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I just got back on Sunday from Ambergris Caye. Weather was wonderful nothing like the heat we experience in the southern US during summer. So all that worry for nothing. Thanks for all the feed back though. Suzie1

S
S
Predicted 95F today

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 353 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.