Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#23524 07/12/00 07:41 AM
M
mdrrt Offline OP
OP Offline
M
seven seas resort vs. banyan bay? location?accommodations? things to do if you don't know how to swim? is there a place to teach you how to fish? good restaurants? airfare wholesalers? any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

#23525 07/12/00 10:55 AM
B
B
I got my airfare from [email protected]...

-Bill

#23526 07/12/00 11:05 AM
Seven Seas is an older condo/timeshare north of the main part of town, though still within walking distance. Villas at Banyan Bay is a newer, deluxe condo development about 1 3/4 miles south of town. Either could be okay depending on what you want and your budget, but Banyan Bay is much more upscale in amenities and price.

Lots of information here and on other Web sites about restaurants, fishing, etc. Just surf a little and you'll find tons of information. Capricorn, Rendezvous, El Patio, Mata Chica, Elvi's, Amnesia Cafe, and Celi's are among the better restaurants. The Reef, Fido's and Ruby's are among the good inexpensive spots.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
#23527 07/12/00 11:08 AM
A glass bottom boat ride is good for non swimmers to see the reef. Don't know if it is still running - Mr. Bidillo sp? was the captain. He docks the boat by the cemetery just north of the church on the beach.
What kind of fishing do you want to learn?
Our captain Mr. Luz Guerrero can teach you plenty. email me if interested [email protected]
A golf cart ride to the north end is always fun!
Belize it!

#23528 07/12/00 11:48 AM
For non-swimmers, there is kayaking available. It's a nice little tour through the mangroves from what I hear. On the back side of the island, I also heard something about air boat tours. I didn't see any of these boats while I was there, but I have seen pictures via the internet. There are fishing guides EVEYWHERE, and you have three choices: deep sea, reef and the flats. If you get sea sick, I recommend the flats. You're almost garauteed to catch something, and many restaurants will cook your catch. It's fun. We had the Ambergris Delight Restaurant cook our catch. They served it up 4 different ways for only $14 US. It was a treat. There were four of us and we couldn't finish it all. I also recommend dancing at Fido's!!! Let your hair down and just relax and have a good time. If you like wildlife, there are tours to see the manatees on AC, and also day trips to the mainland to see the monkeys, jaguars etc. Belize City has a top notch zoo. The water taxi to the mainland is very inexpensive. Very interesting tours. I know you don't swim, but a sail on a catamaran is VERY PLEASANT, and you wouldn't have to swim. If you like to cook......Our accomodations had a kitchen, so we shopped at the little fruit and vegetable stands for unusual things and then asked around for recipes. It was fun trying new things. I also hear AC has a library if you like to read. I promise, with a little imagination, you won't lack for things to do. Debbie

#23529 06/17/02 01:32 PM
C
C
Good Restaurants. Rendezvous Restaurant is a great place to eat. They serve Thai & French food they make there own wine too. Yummm!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 262 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.