Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#235280 - 04/14/07 06:25 AM Traffic Tickets & Vehicle registration
Marty Offline
from the Chamber of Commerce

Traffic Tickets & Vehicle registration

Several businesses on Front Street informed the Chamber that many parking tickets were being given out to tourists that did not know the rotating parking by date. Since the signs had been removed during the paving, it seems a poor decision to ticket anyone if there were no signs showing where to park. Even residents would have a hard time remembering which side to park on during the first or second half of the month. One member commented that the Mash trucks were driving up the one way near Alliance Bank, then the wrong way up Front Street and using the Atlantic Bank lot to drive down to the beach to unload the Crystal barges. A motion was made for Tom Vidrine to discuss the issue with the Mayoress, as well as get an update on the traffic flow plans now that the new barricade posts have been put in place. Several attendees commented on the speed that the new road was built, and the nice sidewalk that had been placed on the east side of the roadway. Some comments were made that people parking on the sidewalk should be getting tickets, as well as the Mash trucks.

Other questions arose on the vehicle registration that had taken place. Since we have not met our new Traffic Committee Chairman, a motion was made to invite him to our next meeting.

#235292 - 04/14/07 03:49 PM Re: Traffic Tickets & Vehicle registration [Re: Marty]
SimonB Offline
If the Chamber wants to do something - donate one way signs and do not enter signs to be placed on all streets in the appropriate locations. I can't ever remember seeing so many people driving the wrong way down streets downtown (and it has nothing to do with the construction.) Last night I saw a cart of tourists turn north on middle street and then run down another tourist a few hundred feet later. At least a half dozen times yesterday I turned the corner by Jambels only to be faced by a golf cart going the wrong way. Middle street from RC to Rocks may as well be 2 way for the number of carts going the wrong way.

#235293 - 04/14/07 04:04 PM Re: Traffic Tickets & Vehicle registration [Re: SimonB]
Inplub Offline
When did signs do any good, I have a STOP sign outside my house and 95% and more do not STOP.

#235295 - 04/14/07 04:53 PM Re: Traffic Tickets & Vehicle registration [Re: Inplub]
SimonB Offline
That's because 95% of the time you don't need to but it would be nice to know which way you were supposed to go if you did.

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 29 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,673 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,048 Topics
462,276 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.