Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#235296 04/14/07 10:55 AM
elbert Offline OP
OP Offline
Excerpt from Ambergris Caye Chamber of Commerce
Chamber Meeting Minutes of April 12, 2007

Recorded by Charmaine Tolentino and Written by Tom Vidrine , President.
[color:#3333FF]Inspector Sabal report on Northern crimes
At a North side meeting at Palapa Bar, Inspector Sabal reported that the crime for 2006 was considerably less than 2005.
[/color]

The Inspector obviously believing he was on North Ambergris and reporting about the North Ambergris Condition.
I'm sure Unlicensed golf carts plowing through residential flower beds and Guatemalan Gardeners smoking pot on their lunch hours has markedly declined from the previous year with the new patrols by San Pedro Police in the South Ambergris community of Tres Cocos. However on North Ambergris, North Islanders fear being killed for witnessing Columbian drug transporters that carrying automatic weapons while moving merchandise and home burglars enjoy leisurely daylight working conditions with the comfortable assurance that if discovered the ill-informed and directionally impaired police are unable to respond creating a renegade frontier in the real North Ambergris Caye. Inspector Sabal, Get a Map and quit listening to the Chamber of Commerce tell you your on North Ambergris Caye.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
elbert #235297 04/14/07 10:58 AM
S
S
Been sniffing second-hand pot smoke again eh?

SP Daily #235299 04/14/07 11:20 AM
elbert Offline OP
OP Offline
Me or him?
I still have good humor about the North misconception, Poor Inspector has a political post influenced by the Chambers special interest,

White Sands Dive Shop
elbert #235307 04/14/07 12:33 PM
S
S
Lets designate everything past Costa Maya as "The Far North"...

SP Daily #235308 04/14/07 12:42 PM
elbert Offline OP
OP Offline
Makes me think of Igloos

White Sands Dive Shop
elbert #235309 04/14/07 12:48 PM
S
S
You're thinking of "The Far, Far North"...

SP Daily #235310 04/14/07 12:59 PM
elbert Offline OP
OP Offline

Check out this site to help your perspective
http://belizebreeze.com/basiljones/index.html

White Sands Dive Shop
elbert #235347 04/14/07 06:38 PM
Elbert
Where's your sense of humor that I so enjoy? Mr. O.C. Sabal did not go to the Chamber of Commerce and make his report (I think someone else reported on his report). He called a special meeting at the Palapa Bar for Wednesday night at 6:30 and all residents of north Ambergris Caye were invited to attend. I know as I put out a notice on the North Ambergris Caye Neighborhood Watch message board the day before. I may be mistaken but I thought you were a member and got the notices. It was hard to tell but there were at least 40 people in attendance. O.C. Sabal was clear when he gave his statistics "Reported Crimes."
We all know there is a big difference between the number of crimes committed and the number reported. WHY? I've heard too many people say they don't want the cops coming to their place - - - for whatever reason. I have been branded as a "Cop Caller." For some reason people think that is a bad thing to be. Yes, I call the police and report what ever needs to be reported. Yes, the police do respond when I call. Yes, the police have increased their patrols of the north. Yes, they do stop by my place and ask if everything is OK. Yes, O. C. Sabal has taken dinner with me at my place. All of this makes me feel safe.
I do not now, nor have I ever smoked ganja. However, I also believe it should be decriminalized. Therefore I would never report anyone for having possession - except on my property. I am very clear that you are not to come on my property with ANY drugs. My dog will sniff you out!
Just my opinion, but it seems to me that people do not report MAJOR crimes because they are afraid of being caught for a minor crime.
Our neighborhood watch has a telephone network whereby we notify our neighbors when anything suspicious is going on. Some of us lend our golf carts to the police when they need them to respond to a report. The Island Ferry will take officers anyplace along the beach when called to do so.
One of our members has taken the time to do GPS readings and anyone who pays the paltry sum of $50 BZ annual membership dues can have their location recorded. These are being provided to the police along with a GPS device that was donated.
If there is anything more that can be done please let us know. YEAH - I know those of us in Tres Cocos and El Tosero are not REALLY north! It's kinda like people who say San Francisco is not northern California. Don't tell that to a San Franciscan!

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
ScubaLdy #235356 04/14/07 07:38 PM
Apparantly the spirit of co-operation and neighbourhood watches aren't being observed in the "middle north."

Amanda Syme #235400 04/15/07 11:44 AM
elbert Offline OP
OP Offline
Amanda,
I was trying to be funny and comment on how trivial the problems might be in Tres Cocos such as the Gardner smoking pot or the golf carts being unlicensed and running through the flower beds, compared to the Colombian Drug Dealer wandering the Northern neighborhoods with and automatic weapons.. I'm misunderstood a lot when I try to be funny.
Calling the police from anywhere North of Mexico Rocks is a wasted dime.
My neighbors house has been broken into regularly, I watched a guy breaking in last week and went over and ask him to leave. Calling the Police never entered my mind. From past experiences the Police will say things like "the owner has to complain" (the owner lives in Colorado), or "We don't have a Boat to get up there". I've tried the 'Report to the Police' By going to the station, you sit and let an officer write a statement. It becomes painfully slow as you spell words for him and he composes something much less than accurate then asks you to sign it. You said 'the police have increased their patrols to the North' that is what is irritating about the situation, I really don't think the Police realize where the North part of the island is� One of the Neighbors donated a motorcycle to the police with the hopes of getting them up here but I've only seen it used in San Pedro and Tres Cocos. And yes we all need to thank the Island Ferry company for being so helpful, I'm serious about that, they do help out but response time for a call to police that catch a ferry to the scene isn't going to work. What is really needed is patrols and possibly a North Station, North as in Mexico Rocks Area. I'm looking forward to the day the North Community develops/matures and has city services like police protection.

White Sands Dive Shop
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 267 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.