Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#235460 04/15/07 06:56 PM
OP Offline
Ms. Wilson, I direct my question directly to you, in the confidence that I will receive a considered response. I find the previous eleven pages of drivle, on this board, regarding the activities at your school to be typical of the responses which I have received to my previous inquiries, but would not wish to deny those with little to contribute their oppertunity to do so. My question is this; Are private schools in Belize, which are partially funded by the governments, permitted to engage in free enterprize?

I'll be happy to discuss my avatar with anyone who knows what it is.
do you mean can they conduct fund raisers? All of the schools raise funds, even the private schools. I don't know where they would stand on tax issues, but I am sure it would be easy enough to find out.

Whoa! You have to remember to breathe when reading that second sentence! :P

Supply and demand!

OP Offline
Ms. Syme, The enterprise considerations I had in mind were a bit more involved that bake sales or bingo, and might have included retail sales busines, restaurant, tourist accommodations etc. Among the first things that came to mind was utilization of existing and planned facilities which may not be in use at various times; ie; the schools kitchen/dining facilities. While the timeleness of implimenting these activities is probably a little premature the current building design, construction and existing web site may find them useful in long range planning.

I'll be happy to discuss my avatar with anyone who knows what it is.
T
T
looks like the start of another thread of useless drivle.

Well Don Greife - I figured it would be a little more detailed than a bake sale - most of us can handle that type of fundraising without international intervention.

The Holy Cross folks already have commercial ventures on-line. But I am sure they could always use advice and help in business planning.

I
I
Does anyone know what this guy is on about?

Which guy?

Can't find my plane...
I
I
Mr Don Grief. Please translate.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 297 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.