Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Amen Amen scubawalk!

It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
Nova #235707 04/18/07 08:36 AM
Dear Immissing

I am married with three children and have lived and worked in San Pedro for 4 years. I have been coming to Belize since 1981.

Over the years we have been here my children have been to four schools, ABC, LIFE, New Horizons and San Pedro High School so you can see I know about education in San Pedro.

I have helped each and every one any time they have asked. One of my brothers is and has been a high school teacher for 16+ years, so you can say I know about schools on the mainland. His wife told me years ago do not give anybody money, help if you can but do not give cash, by the way she is a born Belizean.

I have been a member of the San Pedro Chamber of Commerce for the last 4 years and I have been to 95% of the meetings in that time, for the last 18 months, I have been a Director of the Chamber. Whenever they have asked for help I have been the first one there, ask Tom, not like most people that give a little money and think that is OK.

I have spent over 2 years working with the Coconut Drive Neighborhood Watch and was there a few weeks ago helping put the maps up in the Police and Fire Station that we paid for.

The only time I have given money was to the Mayor of San Pedro for Middle Street, they did not need me to work.

I could go on and on, but I am from Yorkshire in England and we prefer to work rather then talk. If you want, the truth just ask for it. Every fact I have given is true.

I will be at Holly Cross on Wed with islandferry he has asked for help and not money; I will help him or anybody that ask for help, it was his post that I copied that started the attack on me.

I thank you for your money, but it would be nice if the schools could show you where it went and for what.

The next time you are down here if you are not here, I will buy you lunch and tell you things I cannot say on this board.

My post might look a bit funny and come across wrong but I have told you why. It will not take you long to write a letter, it has taken me an hour.

INPLUB

I
OP Offline
I
I say we all put down the swords and pick shovels and rakes to support the good cause of the Holy Cross School. I apologize for the offense INPLUG and thank you in advance for showing up this afternoon.

Everyone should try and bring rakes, shovels and trash bags.

I
OP Offline
I
Id like to remind everyone that the pick up starts at 3:00 this afternoon

I agree

Fighting is not what we need.

I am friends with both sides.

I happy this is getting done. See you all at 3 pm.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

I am also not an avid hater. We all have our paths in life and our learning experiences. Tough love is not an act of aggression. To make nice nice or white wash can also be false and does not raise people to accountability, nor is it praise worthy. But We are a small town and sometimes the best ya can to is love to tolerate others. We're in Paradise. I try to remember that and look far ahead to the consequences of our actions. Any public forums are news. That's power and should be respected. lets think beyond petty issues by all means. I include myself on this one. For the record, I like pizza. There are two forms of respect that i see. One that should be given to everyone and another that can only be earned by ones actions. If you want to be a leader, practice being worth following.

Writer claims no authority, worthwhile knowledge of any kind, and didn't make love to that woman.
I
OP Offline
I
Id like to report that the clean up at Holy Cross School went well. Myself and five other volunteers spent 3 hours crawling around in the muck under the school picking up mostly plastics. I am happy to report that in three hours we were able to clean about 75% of the debris under the school. Mostly plastics. I propose another workathon next week to finish the job.

This is great news! Sorry I wasn't there to help. Congrats on a job well done.

Support Ambergris Caye Emergency Rescue
The life we are trying to save may be a loved one of yours
Originally Posted by Sir Isaac Newton
People can be so cool.

When life gives you lemons (letter from Peter Lawrence) then make lemonade (cleaning up the garbage).

Way to go peeps!!! Here's to our future!

SIN

Happy to hear things worked out; sorry I wasn't there, but will make up soon!! Really happy to hear everybody is getting along again....

Islandferry, you report that yourself and five others showed up for the cleanup. How many of the parents or people living in the area helped out?

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.