Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#235547 04/16/07 03:32 PM
I
OP Offline
I
Just a reminder that there will be a trash pick up at Holy Cross School Wednesday from 3:00 in the afternoon until 6:00 in the afternoon. Come on out and show your support.

I will still be there.

Your last post said 1600?

Can you look at this

Re: Canadians moving to Be...
(Inplub) - 37 minutes 5 seconds ago

Last edited by Inplub; 04/16/07 03:40 PM.
If this is too overwhelming for the few that show up, I still think SIN's idea is a good one.

And before you ask, I am not in BZE therefore cannot make it however, if a group decides to do this next time I'm down, count me in!!

I
OP Offline
I
Time has changed to correspond to kids getting out of school 1500hrs. It will be a small start for a really big project most importantly it will give us all a chance to come together as a comunity in support of the Holy Cross School and burn off frustrations generated last week. Good news is that I was at the school this morning and the sand is starting to arrive. Two hundred truck loads to go. Bring it on Mayor Paz.

not in belize at this juncture, but if there is a need for help with this project, while i am there, june 13 - 27th, will volunteer my time, as well
also will be bringing things for taco girl's wish list...c'ya soon

kerry #235611 04/17/07 10:43 AM
S
S
I have been off the island for several days to get medical care.

My wife and I have volunteered money and hundreds of hours in helping this school become a success. What a shame to see this school, which should be a testament to the human spirit in overcoming overwhelming odds, turned into a battle ground.

I have been "swamped" by students wanting to give me a hug, just because I was there.
I have benn "swamped" by the love of strangers from all over the world that arrived to construct and paint buildings.
I have been "swamped" by the generosity of strangers that donated money and supplies to a cause they all beliveved in.
I have bee "swamped" by the dedication and drive of Francis in Wilson in overcoming any obsticle that got in her way as she fought for the success of Holy Cross School.

There is an old addage,
"If you aren't part of the solution,
Then YOU are part of the problem".

Get off the porch, quit your bitchen and work to chage what you don't like. Together, we can move a mountain or clean a swamp.

I woud much rather be there waist deep in mud, than having to do what I am doing now.

"Just another Day in Paradise"
AMEN!!!

E
E
Inlub,since Amanda brought the subject up, I will respond to her request, not your challenge to put up or shut up.

I along with a few other people started the San Pedro Social Club in 2003, to raise money for the schools and library in SP. We knew of the sorry state of the Sam Mateo area, we knew of kids not eating properly or not at all. We found some of the local people resisted any kind of 'out side' assistance from us to feed the kids saying "there are no kids going hungry on our island". We all know now, dont we. The SPSC has either donated or committed over $45,000bz to The R.C. School, the Holy Cross School and the town library. I was just going to ignore your comments as I didnt see any positive results. I think the SPSC and all the generous supporters have stepped up and done all we could. How about you?

Ernie Brannon

H
H
immissing- can't you just let it go?

E
E
Sure I could Hayden. The attention the school is getting is not all bad. There will be another fund raiser during Cinco De Mayo, hope you will come out and support it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (business partnerships), 158 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,470
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.