Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#235670 - 04/17/07 11:04 PM Arriving May 19th
MANTalents Offline
We (yes, the wife, too,) will be arriving on the island on May 19th. Have read so many helpful things on this site. Wondered about things to bring for the children. Candy or school and art supplies? Or both ? Staying at Captain Morgan's and wondring what that will be like. Also, the best hang-out.

#235671 - 04/17/07 11:19 PM Re: Arriving May 19th [Re: MANTalents]
Nova Offline
Hey Man! (LOL) Wouldn't suggest candy for the kids - toothbrushes would be more in order. You can contact Tacogirl, from this message board, to give you a more up to date list of what the kids need.

Captain Morgan's is nice, a little north of San Pedro. While in town check out BC's (especially Sundays), Crazy Canucks, Cannibuls, Fido's (music/dancing every night), and the Tackle Box, just to name a few. Everyone has their faves and will give suggestions. Soon you and your wife will have your faves too!

Have an awesome trip!

#235700 - 04/18/07 02:05 PM Re: Arriving May 19th [Re: Nova]
DJ Dale Offline
Hello!
We get there the day before you. My wife and I will be there for 10 days. Staying not far from you.

I'm interested in your post as I have lots of school supplies I bought to bring to donate.

#235701 - 04/18/07 02:11 PM Re: Arriving May 19th [Re: DJ Dale]
Nova Offline
Good show DJ Dale. Holy Cross is hoping to have up to 350 students in the fall (around 160 now). They will be so thankful for any supplies that you can donate. Send a PM to Tacogirl and she can meet with you and give you details of how to get the stuff to the kids. She took us to the school in Feb. and we were able to meet the children - an awesome memory we will keep with us forever!

#235702 - 04/18/07 02:17 PM Re: Arriving May 19th [Re: Nova]
DJ Dale Offline
I have already spoke with Tacogirl about something else. I will address this with her.

I travel to a lot of the islands in the Caribbean and always try to bring things to help the kids. Every little bit helps.

How tough is customs in Belize? Need to figure how to pack....

#235703 - 04/18/07 02:24 PM Re: Arriving May 19th [Re: DJ Dale]
Nova Offline
We had no problem. Had a full suitcase of supplies - told them it was for Holy Cross School and they waived us thru - about 40+ pounds. No worries.

#235706 - 04/18/07 02:31 PM Re: Arriving May 19th [Re: Nova]
DJ Dale Offline
Excellent. I prefer to pack it all in one bag under the weght limits.

I appreciate your advice!

First time visitors! 29 days and counting!!!!!

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 38 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,079 Topics
462,376 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.