Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#234970 04/11/07 06:39 PM
Y
Yakie Offline OP
OP Offline
Y
Looking for great recommendations for restaurants for breakfasts and suppers while on the Caye. Any ideas?????? Thanks.

Yakie #235055 04/12/07 03:26 PM
We spent 3 days on Caulker in February. There are alot of places to eat but these are a few of our favorites. BUT we didn't get to try some of the other places we have heard good things about, like Syds, Wish Willys.

The Rainbow Bar and Grill--great view, always have a shrimp burrito, so yummy. Also they have good nachos and quesadillas.
Service is good and did I mention the great view?

Ate at the Sandbox. Good food. One night my husband had a fish with garlic and mushroom dinner entree. I thought he was going to lick the plate clean, he loved it. Also ate breakfast there once, pretty good breakfast, great spicy sausage.

Another good breakfast place is Amor y Cafe. Wonderful Spanish eggs and muffins with organic peanut butter and sliced bananas.
Only open for breakfast.

The highlight for us was Habeneros Restaurant. Tucked away on Caye Caulker is a fabulous restaurant. Jerry had fish cooked in banana leafs and Mayan sauces. Very, very good. We started with the VooDoo Cakes, my goodness, so good. AND for the finishing touch, Habeneros Caye Lime dessert. So good that I can't think of a word to do it justice. Just a wonderful dinner experience on Caye Caulker.

Hope this helps!!! Caye Caulker is great, you will have a great time there. cool cool cool

Yakie #235157 04/13/07 09:34 AM
yes Habenero's is GREAT!

We loved Syd's ~ great food, reasonably priced. Caribbean Colors has wonderful desserts!
Coco

Coco
C
C
I just had the bbq ribs special at the newly reopened Barrier Reef Sports Bar, located on the beach next to us, where Rasta Pasta used to be. The ribs were awesome and it came with a baked potato and green salad all for 15 bzd ($7.50) U.S.
BTW, the Sandbox is closed right now for the slow season and will be reopening in June.

Where is Rasta Pasta now? Has it relocated or is it gone?

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

seashell #236151 04/24/07 08:24 AM
A
AlJ Offline
A
I'm also curious about Rasta Pasta. We finally ate there and I liked it. What's going in where the Sports Bar used to be?

AlJ #236155 04/24/07 10:22 AM
C
C
Rasta Pasta is now located at Oceanside Bar and there is a new restaurant where the Sports Bar used to be.

CayeMarie #236316 04/26/07 06:25 AM
A
AlJ Offline
A
Just curious. What kind of restaurant is the new one? Did OJ finally succeed in selling Oceanside? Are they going to move in there just like it is or do anything different with the place?

Thanks

AlJ #236325 04/26/07 08:47 AM
C
C
The Oceanside did not sell, they have always leased out the restaraunt. Eating here has always been a challange, it seems to be getting worse. Its always been difficult to plan meals at home.unless you want to eat chicken every meal. You actually cant plan a meal here, you have to see whats available first. If you want any veggies but cabbage, carrots and cucumber you have to go to San Pedro or the City which I do for groceries every 2 weeks. We used to eat out several times a week as it was easy to get a good meal for $5.00US or less at about 7or 8 places here, in the last few months that has changed, Munchies has not raised their price but have cut the portions in half. Rosies did not double prices but tripled them. Sand box is closed for the season. So that now leaves the Chinese, Syds and a tiny but very good place on back street The Little Kitchen, their are a few other places but not like it was. Not that we are lacking for good places to eat, if its in your budget to spend $15.00 up for meal and drink which isnt alot theirs lots to choose from.

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 298 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day