Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
SimonB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Golf Association Plans Belize Open

You've probably heard of the U.S. Open or the French Open but the Belize Golf Association wants you to get used to hearing about the "Belize Open." That's right, the first ever Belize International Golf Tournament is scheduled for next month at the Roaring River Golf Course in Cayo. Golf Association President Saul Barrera says there will be players from six countries, including Belize.

Saul Barrera, President - BGA
"Its open for international players. The organizing committee is expecting players from USA, one surprise is one ex-NBA player, it is a surprise from the people involved in the tournament, different golfers from Mexico and Guatemala and Salvador are coming."

Keith Swift,
Golf is not really popular in Belize. How do you plan to get the public interested?

Saul Barrera,
"The golf is not only for rich persons or for old persons, the golf is for all who come to enjoy it. In other countries more children and young people come to play. It is very fun and competitive in the different tournaments."

The tournament runs from May 19th to the 20th. Registration deadline is next week.

JZB Offline
Who knew Belize even had a golf association??!! I learn something new every day.

S
SimonB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
No kiddding, makes me wish I brought my clubs down.

Simon, have you ever played Caye Chapel? I'm bringing a set of clubs down on our next visit to leave at our place with the hopes I can play there when we come down. Really looking forward to it.

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
E
E
Laonsum, be sure you take a current financial statement.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I hope this succeeds, and I hope it gives pleasure to lots of people. For me I haven't played golf in many years, and I have no real desire to take it up again. I played at quite a high level when I was young (high school) but gave up a few years later when I realised I found it boring. I also didn't like the cliquey set associated with golf (in the UK, at least. There it's a game for social climbers, or for enhancing employment opportunities). Took up hill walking, which led to mountain climbing.

Originally Posted by immissing
Laonsum, be sure you take a current financial statement.

immissing, I understand it cost $200 US per day which includes your cart & air fare.....not too bad considering the cost of some courses here in the US.

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
JZB Offline
I would love to learn how to play so I would see my husband on his days off. Unfortunately, no pros in Belize. (Of the golf variety)

E
E
You may be correct LoanSum. I played it in 2001, green fee $200.00US but did not include air. Still a little pricy to me. Onr good thing about it, no one but your group will be there.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.