Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#237439 - 05/09/07 12:01 AM Holy ^&*t I saw an elephant today
belizeonthebeach Offline
This place is bizzare but that is a first.
And a lion and a llama--my kid is going ballistic.
the Circus is in town!!!
We have to have something to do till the NFL starts again
Hope they brought their own beer--XX

#237495 - 05/09/07 01:27 PM Re: Holy ^&*t I saw an elephant today [Re: belizeonthebeach]
collyk Offline
Sadly, I saw these animals too. The animals are in horrific condition. I hardly slept all night as I couldn't get the images out of my head.
Belize Wedding Photography

#237509 - 05/09/07 04:15 PM Re: Holy ^&*t I saw an elephant today [Re: collyk]
SantaClaws Offline
Post deleted

Edited by SimonB (05/10/07 09:27 AM)

#237513 - 05/09/07 04:23 PM Re: Holy ^&*t I saw an elephant today [Re: SantaClaws]
hayden4414 Offline
what is this about?

#237517 - 05/09/07 04:56 PM Re: Holy ^&*t I saw an elephant today [Re: hayden4414]
weile Offline
Is this in San Pedro, or what???
I surely hope it isn't, although it's bad no matter where it is...

#237518 - 05/09/07 05:08 PM Re: Holy ^&*t I saw an elephant today [Re: weile]
Amanda Syme Offline
Yes, the circus is in town. An elephant, couple of lions, couple of tigers and a llama (or camel) all the kids keep running in to tell me about it.

Circus is here from the 10th - 20th May.

Animals may appear to be in a sorry state compared to ones you see in the first world - but I haven't seen them for myself yet.

#237520 - 05/09/07 05:31 PM Re: Holy ^&*t I saw an elephant today [Re: Amanda Syme]
SP Daily Offline
They do look sad and sorry.

#237521 - 05/09/07 05:41 PM Re: Holy ^&*t I saw an elephant today [Re: Amanda Syme]
weile Offline
Disgusting, disgusting, disgusting!!!

I don't even need to see it. I have unfortunately seen it before and can imagine what this is like. Makes me want to cry...

All animals being transported around with a circus are miserable, it be first world, third world or what ever, period!
Oh yeah, they are fed on a regular basis and were born in captivity... Bull#@*t!

I hope that all you parents out there will use this to teach your kids how not to treat other living things.
Who ever carries an elefant, a lion, a tiger or any other poor animal around in cages and on a barge to San Pedro (or anywhere else for that matter) is an a..hole.

I know it's not going to happen, but I wish that everybody would stay away from this circus and its sickening display of living beings. This is a perfect example of disrespect that cannot be excused with ignorance. It is stupidity, greed and cruelty. Nothing more, nothing less.

#237524 - 05/09/07 06:13 PM Re: Holy ^&*t I saw an elephant today [Re: weile]
BrusselSprout Offline
The animals do look sad...elephant swinging his head back and forth continuously like it's sick. That being said...anyone know what time the circus starts?

#237526 - 05/09/07 06:30 PM Re: Holy ^&*t I saw an elephant today [Re: BrusselSprout]
tacogirl Offline
The animals do look sad especially the elephant. We passed by today and they did not even have any water for the poor thing and it was damned hot out too.

tacogirl Facebook, Belize Life Linked In - Belize info & images https://www.facebook.com/tacogirl

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 17 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,631 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,679 Topics
461,170 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.