Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#237896 05/15/07 11:00 AM
OP Offline
Figures...

MIAMI - For the second straight year, rude Miami drivers have earned the city the title of worst road rage in a survey released Tuesday.

Miami motorists said they saw other drivers slam on their brakes, run red lights and talk on cell phones, according to AutoVantage, a Connecticut-based automobile membership club offering travel services and roadside assistance.

Other cities near the top of the rude drivers list were New York, Boston, Los Angeles and Washington, D.C.

South Miami resident Erik Pinto told The Associated Press he's probably seen every bad driving habit on Miami's roads.

"You don't want to know what I've seen," Pinto said. "I've seen everything. I'm from L.A., and we don't see the crazy drivers that you see here."

Portland, Ore., drivers were the least likely of the cities to see other motorists tailgating on the roadways, and St. Louis motorists were the least likely to swear at another driver, the survey found.

Minneapolis-St. Paul was rated the most courteous city in 2006 but slipped to the middle of the list this year.

The most frequent cause of road rage cited in the survey was impatient motorists. Drivers also cited poor driving in fast lanes and driving while stressed, frustrated or angry.

"The best piece of advice is to take a deep breath. Slow down, be aware and be careful," AutoVantage spokesman Todd Smith said, adding the aim of the survey is to increase driver safety across the nation.

More than 2,500 drivers who regularly commute in 25 major metropolitan areas were asked to rate road rage and rude driving in telephone surveys between January and March. The survey was conducted by Prince Market Research has a margin of error of plus or minus 2 percentage points.

The list, ranked from those reporting the most incidents of road rage to the fewest:

1. Miami

2. New York

3. Boston

4. Los Angeles

5. Washington, D.C.

6. Phoenix

7. Chicago

8. Sacramento, Calif.

9. Philadelphia

10. San Francisco

11. Some other city (just not Houston)

12. Atlanta

13. Detroit

14. Minneapolis-St. Paul

15. Baltimore

16. Tampa, Fla.

17. San Diego

18. Cincinnati

19. Cleveland

20. Denver

21. Dallas-Ft. Worth

22. St. Louis

23. Seattle-Tacoma

24. Pittsburgh

25. Portland, Ore.

i would like to add covington, louisiana...

kerry #237962 05/16/07 07:12 AM
Man, so glad that Houston didn't make the list. Are will we #1 in capital executions?

yes Denny -- Congratulations!

Columbus is still #1 in pissed-off sports fans, and as you can tell, we go to Cleveland and Cincinnati to take it out on unsuspecting motorists.

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
who made that list? How on earth is Minneapolis on there and not Vegas, lol! Well, I guess it has been years since I lived in Mpls so guess things do change.

OP Offline
Denny, yes, Huntsville for most executions! Yikes!

Houston should really be #1 for rude drivers! They can be so nasty! I just point and laugh - that really gets them goin!

Happy Wednesday to ya's!

S
S
Ever tried Guatemala City?

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
OP Offline
No, you?

S
S
Nuts, nothing compared to the worst day in a US City. 5 million people in one city all going as fast as they can, tons of exhuast, no mufflers, cyclists, buses, taxis, total chaos! Fun though!

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
Mexico city. The worst. Been there - but I didn't drive. Just watched.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.