Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
C
C
Realtors need no license here, no special knowledge nothing more than a sign. We took our paperwork up in the morning and had tittle that afternoon. I know folks who have used realtors and are still waiting after months. Even if you use a realtor absolutely get a attorney check them out also, however if you have a good attorney you dont need a realtor!!! It has always been our experience with so many agencies and so called experts with their hands out for $$$. With our work permits, residency, home purchase if you have the patience to do it yourself its much faster and much cheaper. I want to add that their are realtors who do excellent jobs for their clients, this is just our experience.

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
C
C
Anyone familiar with Corry McDermott?

Originally Posted by Cooper
Realtors need no license here, no special knowledge nothing more than a sign. We took our paperwork up in the morning and had tittle that afternoon. I know folks who have used realtors and are still waiting after months. Even if you use a realtor absolutely get a attorney check them out also, however if you have a good attorney you dont need a realtor!!! It has always been our experience with so many agencies and so called experts with their hands out for $$$. With our work permits, residency, home purchase if you have the patience to do it yourself its much faster and much cheaper. I want to add that their are realtors who do excellent jobs for their clients, this is just our experience.

Having been a realtor and real estate broker on Ambergris Caye since the early 90's I have to say that I have a lot more to offer a client than simply a sign!

Within the next few months the real estate bill will become law and then licencing will be necessary for all realtors and brokers.

Indeed you can record a title in a day, but usually these are the old style documents that require significant investigation in order to ensure that the land is indeed free and clear, has an unbroken chain of ownership and that the surveys have been authenticated etc.

C
C
This happend in Mexico about 10 years ago, it was great that they got tough with the anybody can sell real estate. Because now if they do that here the consumer will be better protected, as I said their are some good real estate agents here, but it needs to become a specific licensed trade.

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
S
S
Nobody would sell a property they don't own! Wait a minute, oh yeah, I forgot about the Gov't.........

It's about time to regulate this industry. A license is needed to sell a beer but not to sell land.

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
N
OP Offline
N
We're still waiting for the dang passport to get back. And waiting and waiting. Arggggggggg! It's been 12 weeks now. mad

We recently bought some land through Tim and Tina at investinbelize.com. Great people and we really worked them hard while we were there looking.

I agree SIN (damn, did I just say that?)
How doest it work with the time share thing? Is there a trade license issued to operate the "tourism information booths" and does it require a license to flag down people on the beach and sell time shares?
No disrespect or bad vibes, just wondering...

K
K
I agree with Weile and wondering the same. Amanda said in the next few months the real estate bill will become law for brokers and realtors. You would think that would apply to selling time shares for a piece of paridise.

JZB Offline
Didn't they just pass a new law for time share salespeople?

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 139 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.