Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
P
P
I agree that an informed spokesperson makes sense.

Absolutely we need a spokesperson who actually knows what is going on and we need him/her on a real school board with serious people who understand that all charitable contributions should be treated with the highest integrity and should only be spent after the board has decided that they get the best value for the donations.
I am still concerned about Johnston International(especially when they are saying they are doing it for cost-whose cost?)-how much have they been paid and what are they going to do for the monies that they have received-I,personally, wonder if they think they can make a profit.

E
E
Ease up, Pedro. I bet it will all work out.

How much will you bet?

E
E
I have pretty deep pockets. Lets see how it plays out. Be cool.

I
I
Peter

Totally agree with you. I nominate you Peter to be the spokesperson for the Holy Cross School. As a spokesperson can you tell us what you KNOW (not think) is wrong that can be fixed with the way the school is being run so that we can all get to work and clear all the problems up. Basically how would you run the show. The floor is yours.
Sterling

S
S
You won't see my posts anywhere on these threads before this one--but I must say that Sterlings post above,among others is what is wrong with this board.Everyone holding bitterness towards each other and trying to one up each other verbally.I am a prison minister and see bitterness destroy lives every day,besides,Jesus calls this murder of the heart.Most of you have it made in paradise but elect to live in anger among each other.You are missing out on the Great Commision,to love your brother as yourself,relax,enjoy life,walk in love,life is REALLY to short for all this---- David Nisbet Jesus is the Way Prison Ministries,Illinois USA

People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care
Please get this part clear as to the cinco de mayo money that was raised.

The "friends of Holy Cross" are doing the deciding they raised the money for land fill and ultimately they are the ones handing it over to pay for the fill.

The board that makes all the major decisions for the school is the Anglican Diocese. They can answer any questions that people want to know regarding the school itself.

Here are some numbers to better explain landfill and what it will take. (please note the information below was from April 27 and the friends of holy cross has since given half the money raised towards landfill for the school)

The school 60,000 cubic yards of fill for the property. There was an engineer who was here several weeks ago who took out a little boat and did water depths all over the property. That's the figure he came up with.

Currently the school is paying $140 for 7 cubic yards (one truck load) or 8,571 loads costing $1,225,149BZ That's to fill the entire 8.6 acres UNBELIEVABLE!!! They are talking with some folks who have a dredge (Johnston International) that could do the fill for half the price of dump trucks - that's only $612,574.00

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

P
P
I think that it is very unfair to continue to imply that because one asks questions, one does not care about the kids. In my case, I care enough to put myself at some risk of insult to ask the questions. I asked about the cesspool under the school and it has been partially addressed. If I had not asked, I wonder if it would have been given the same priority.
My primary concern is that the Wilsons are so intent upon growing the school that it is outpacing the capacity to do so in a clean and safe manner. They also the absolve the government from the responsibilty for those kids. In my initial discussion with Francis, she stated that she had been talking to school authorities to take over the school next year and that there was a plan for that to happen. That seems to me to be the best plan and then the "friends" of the school can keep up their good work to raise funds and the actual academic administration can be where it belongs, with the government. The education department already pays the teacher salaries presently so this should be smooth transition.
A part of me wishes that the"friends" of the school could coalesce into a somewhat stronger and bit larger board and take on an active role in raising money and supporting all the students on the island because then we could have continuity and nonpartison fundraising. All the public and religious school school students have great need not just the Anglican ones. And there is so much energy aroused for these kids that with a little more organization and solid leadership, so many more kids could be helped. I know that the local government would welcome such a cause if done in a respectful and positive way.
Thanks to those who took the time to read this whole entry. Fairly verbose!

Scuba do, you speak the truth for sure!

Pam, you have a great idea but obviously takes a LOT of work to coordinate this type of thing... "A part of me wishes that the"friends" of the school could coalesce into a somewhat stronger and bit larger board and take on an active role in raising money and supporting all the students on the island because then we could have continuity and nonpartison fundraising." Why don't YOU do it??

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.