Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#238261 05/19/07 10:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I'm very surprised the main thread has been censored. I am afraid that Sterling's final outburst has not helped his cause. I wholly support the concept of the school, but I am now withdrawing my own offer of help. Something just doesn't feel right.

P
P
I am just sorry that Sterling jumped all over Beth who is probably one of the nicest people I have ever met. She also gives a lot of time and money to island charities.One is allowed to ask questions regarding use of funds that one donates.

E
E
I now see that my responce to Sterling regarding RIBeth has been nuked. What happened Mr Board person? I said nothing ill about anyone, just suppored Beths position and that Sterling was a little rough on her. Now the topic is locked? What gives, who ever deleted my post? I would like an answer.

It's sad whenever anyone tries to help a cause on this island there are some who ruin it with nit picking and squabbling. Perhaps we forget the main thing here which is to provide schooling for children who would otherwise HAVE NO EDUCATION OR ADEQUATE NUTRITION!!!!
Are those who are causing so much harm to this cause ready to take the place of those they think are not doing it right and provide for the children?

I
I
I apologize to Beth and the board. I am frustrated by the continous misinformation and ill will against a really descent and good organization. If anyone wants to see how the $10,000 raised is being spent, or any other questions about the school please spent pm me.

I agree Beth is one of the nicest people and I think her original post is valid.

It is important to tie up loose ends before proceeding with new business.

(I missed the posts that got edited or deleted)

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

R
R
Hi all:

The main point that I was trying to make with my other post is that I believe that the best way to diffuse misinformation is to get out in front of it with real information. It can be time-consuming - but I believe it is essential to the long-term objective of serving the children.

Thanks for the kind words! And Sterling, as for your final comment on the other thread - tough luck with that! Oh, I missed the other posts too.

Beth

Last edited by RI Beth; 05/20/07 09:09 AM.
K
K
The Cinco de Mayo fundraiser was not done by the school. It was done by "Friends of Holy Cross". There was an article in the San Pedro Sun prior to the event recognizing people/businesses that had donated to the event and what they had donated. Laurie (Tacogirl) should have the list of people who won the prizes.

Holy Cross School has bought and received $10,000BZ worth of fill in the last month and on Thursday a check from the "Friends of Holy Cross" for $10,000BZ for fill was deposited in the Holy Cross account.

Thanks kwalkpt. That is the info people are looking for.

Folks all work hard for their money and they want to donate to a charity that is transparant and fully discloses where every last penny is spent. If the spending appears to be wise and effective people will continue to dontate and new donors will join in the effort.

Having abusive outbursts is not they way to encourage good will and attract new donors.

Asking people to send private messages if they want to know what is really going on will create the impression that there is something being hidden.

All charities send out reports showing where, when and how each and every penny is distributed. If the Holy Cross school and the Friends of the Holy Cross school want to attract more interest and donors the best way to do this is by publicizing exactly what is going on. And the long flowery (fluff) letters really don't assert confidence either - again, to me anyway, it always seems like something is being covered up under all the sweet words.

There is a time and place for all things. The long drawn out wonderful thank yous can be made at the annual appreciation gatherings - where people that are involved and interested can attend and hear the extended version of all the good work and progress that has achieved throughout the year.

Accountability for donor funds is crucial to a charity's continued success and positive reputation.

Kwalkpat -I read that in the Ambergris newspaper that Vernon was given a 21,000 dollar cheque with photograph from the friends of Holy Cross-now it has been said that a further 10,000 has been given to Vernon and 10,000 donated for fill (this has been paid-to whom?)
Now if this is the same 21,000 that was raised from Cinco de Maio where is the other 1000 or am I just getting lost and 41000 was actually raised ??/

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 334 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.