Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
My mother and father were terrible bigots - each of them having separate groups to hate. This so disgusted me that I became more compassionate and accepting of diverse cultures and ethnic origins. Needless to say I feel at home in Belize.
The ugliness that has been bandied about regarding one school, one group of fund raisers, etc. has had about the same effect on a lot of people here on AC. The finger pointing and name calling makes me wonder what the underlying anger is about. Why are these "good citizens" not asking for the same accountability from other charities?
Are there any schools in Belize that are not run by a religious order?
Is there any accountability for all the "drawings" that kids seem to be constantly collecting for?
Does anyone ever win one of these drawings?
Are any of the government agencies ever audited? Are their books open to the public? Are their meetings open to the public? Are they held accountable?
Again I ask - why this entire furor over one school that is providing an education for children who never have been given an opportunity?
Can someone tell me what it costs each child to attend each of the various schools? I've heard various figures.
I also heard that some people were outraged that children of 'non-Belizeans' were allowed to attend Holy Cross.
There's more here than meets the eye.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
JEEZ! As if we need ANOTHER thread about this topic!!!

People b*tch about swamp/diseases etc. so other people do what they can to make things better then those people get b*tched at... it's a vicious circle and now yet another person is b*tching that the good people need to drop what they're doing to help some other people. Let them fill the sand, would ya???

Oh quit your b*tchin TQ, (JK) wink

Seems to me that we might need alot more discussion on this. There have been some serious allegations made as to the motif for the fund raising. I for one, who contributes to many causes here, would like to know if donating to this cause is to lessen the personal financial obligation of someone who made a comitmant based on expected personal gain as has been alledged.

I have not seen any people(in print) accused of operating for personal gain but no-one answered our original letter of where the 110.000 bzd dollars that was missing from the HC account or indeed the 55.000bzd that was left in the account-maybe someone will from HC will eventually answe this question.

Last edited by Pedro1; 05/21/07 08:58 PM.
Geez-- us-- Christ........
People, take a breath... breath deep..
Now, lets think about WHAT is most imortant here.
The CHILDREN. I know we want to know where our donated dollars are going.. Good point, we all have the right to know. But at the same time, if you had one inkling of a problem, then why donate? What I'm trying to say, is, the money is going to where is should, the children and the school..
We all have the right to know, but still I truly belive that is going to where it should be going... the school and kids.
We've all been lucky to have free education.. shouldn't they at least have SOME sort of an edcucation?

Take the road less traveled
Of course, everyone agrees that it is great that the money goes to educate the kids. All the money needs to go to the kids. And if there is a rational reason that it does not, then why not just let the donors know. I am a donor. I have had events at my bar to raise money for this school. I want to make sure that the charity I give to uses all the reasonable funds to educate the students in an effective and healthy way. And everyone should feel comfortable that it is so.There are very real questions that should be answered. The fact that this has turned into some weird match of words is not the usual way that charities act. Therefore you have to ask, what the **** is going on here.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I'm afraid the longer this goes on with no substantial factual answers the more uncomfortable people have a right to get. What we need is succinct supported FACTS, not verbose assurances.

2miles, you crack me up! I owe YOU a drink!!

P1/P2 et al, seems to me like you need to visit the Anglican Diocese to view the financials. This is just more about that letter that never proved to be anything more that just opinions on paper.

It's really sad that donations precentage is down... sad indeed. frown

Big whoop Peter. If there were no events, your place would be empty 7 days a week other than the guests upstairs. Just how much do you figure "you" donated? I do know your drink sales may have improved and pizza sales went up. Of course this is all based on the same speculative assumption techniques you used on the school's financial's. I agree with TQ. If you're really concerned why not go see the diocese? <yawn> What a ridiculous waste of time.

Writer claims no authority, worthwhile knowledge of any kind, and didn't make love to that woman.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.