Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11 >
Topic Options
#238831 - 05/25/07 05:22 PM Costa Maya Reef Resort ? Questions?
Ruth1 Offline
We are staying at Costa Maya Reef Resort. We know it is remote. That is fine. Are there signs to the resort at the North end? Will we know where to turn off on our golf cart on that first day we arrive?
We plan to dive daily with the resort. We rented two golf carts from Castle Carts. We were planning on going into town most afternoons after we return from diving and eating a quick snack in the condo. Could any suggest close places for lunches some days and dinners each night. We know we will be crossing the north bridge each day....
Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks...

Edited by Ruth1 (05/25/07 09:01 PM)

#238849 - 05/25/07 06:34 PM Re: Costa Maya Reef Resort ? Questions? [Re: Ruth1]
krehfish Offline
Can someone help Ruth out here with her plans for a daily 12 mile journey.

#238854 - 05/25/07 06:43 PM Re: Costa Maya Reef Resort ? Questions? [Re: SP Daily]
spl Offline
they are giving you a hard time. It is 6 miles north. It is not that remote compared to many of the new resorts up there. The boat ride to town in 10 minutes.

#238857 - 05/25/07 07:00 PM Re: Costa Maya Reef Resort ? Questions? [Re: Ruth1]
elbert Offline
Ruth, I live close to the resort , If you rent a golf cart to go back and forth to the resort from town its a mistake. if the road is 6 miles ,or 8 mile its still going to seem like a hundred because the road on a golf cart is miserable. If the hotel is suggesting you rent one they are being irresponsible and probably just thinking of the commissions from the golf cart company.
take the Island Ferry its cheap and easy . leaves from your hotels dock every other hour and docks in the center of town.
Diving from the hotel on the other hand is great, much better reef up north and the dive shop on the end of your dock is a good one.
dinners out can be done on the ferry service as well very easy and the ferry runs hourly at night. they will drop you at the dock of the restaurant and pick you up as well.

#238858 - 05/25/07 07:03 PM Re: Costa Maya Reef Resort ? Questions? [Re: spl]
Ruth1 Offline
Thanks....I don't care that it is 6 miles to town. We didn't want to be in the middle of things. I was going to try and contact Simon with Laginappe Provisioning to have grocery delivered to the resort so we didn't have to do it on the first day. Beer/Water/luncheon meat/fruit etc. We will be diving each morning. We may or may not want to drive into town each day.

Thanks again....anyone else who would like to reply it is appreciated. Thanks

Edited by Ruth1 (05/25/07 09:04 PM)

#238859 - 05/25/07 07:06 PM Re: Costa Maya Reef Resort ? Questions? [Re: Ruth1]
elbert Offline
Simon's a good choice.

#238860 - 05/25/07 07:14 PM Re: Costa Maya Reef Resort ? Questions? [Re: Ruth1]
AB Diver Offline
You will enjoy the quiet of the resort and also the helpfulness of the staff at Costa Maya. We stayed there for a week in March and did a couple of dives with BAD and really enjoyed it. Check into the free rides to town from the resort (I can't remember exactly the times)that is what we did and then took the ferry back at night. The road to there is not that great but a golf cart ride is always an adventure especially at night. Have fun and enjoy, we always do.

#238862 - 05/25/07 07:29 PM Re: Costa Maya Reef Resort ? Questions? [Re: AB Diver]
Pedro1 Offline
Unfortunately the Island Ferry is charging a huge amount of money to go North 25 bzd one way -that is a ludicrous price -for four people r/t is a 100usd -it is cheaper to get a private water tax for around 30usd one way (60usd r/t)

#238872 - 05/25/07 08:01 PM Re: Costa Maya Reef Resort ? Questions? [Re: Pedro1]
elbert Offline
Hello peter
I think the Island Ferry has a new week pass at a discount thats a nice deal.

#238873 - 05/25/07 08:02 PM Re: Costa Maya Reef Resort ? Questions? [Re: Pedro1]
Coco Loco Lady Offline
Ruth1~
We have a timeshare at Costa Maya, we love it up there. We were there last in Feb. We contacted Costa Maya as to the condition of the road, as we had thought about getting a golf cart, and they advised that the road was in bad shape, so we used their free boats to go back and forth to town. There were a couple of adverturous people that showed up on golf carts, but only recall seeing 2 carts the week we were up there. The Island Ferry does stop there I think every hour. Enjoy, wish I was there!
Coco

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (IGAmel), 40 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,674 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,056 Topics
462,294 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.