Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
ronw Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Hi Everyone,

Planning a trip to San Pedro hopefully within the next month and would greatly appreciate some recommendations.

I was on a cruise in Jan '04 and did the Shark Ray Alley excursion which was really cool but we were only there about 30 minutes. Lunch was included as part of the trip. Don't remember the restaurant but it was at the south end and I think it was upstairs over a bar. I was by myself on the excursion ( long story ) and had some time to kill before returning to the ship so I walked into town. I feel in love with the beach and every thing I saw. I've wanted to return but also wanted to share the sights with someone special. This trip will be limited to only 3 - 4 days. Joyce ( the someone special ) works about 70 hrs a week, has been dealing with some of her own health issues, has a mother who most likely will not make it through the summer, and a new granddaughter that has had a few problems. She needs to get away.

Joyce said she would like to sleep for a day and just sit on a beach without a care. I would like to re-visit Shark Ray Alley this time a little longer amd I'll drag her along. Other than that probably won't try and do a lot other than enjoy the sun and sand.

On the internet have been looking at Seven Seas Resort, Corona-Del- Mar, The Palms, and Coral Bay Villas. Would like to have a kitchen, view of the beach, ( maybe just sit in the sun and get hammered 1 day )and be able to play in the water. I do not dive but have snorkled several times. Besides the trip to Shark Ray alley where would you reccomend going to just enjoy the water close to where we stay, or is that possible?

SOOOO any recommendations on flights. We are in St. Louis, Mo ( Go Cards ... oh yeah, that was last year ) looks like American through Dallas ?? Ideas on places to stay, restaurants, or cooking ( I'm the cook )bars, excursions.

Thanks for reading this novel, and in advance thaks for all the help.

Looking forward to maybe getting to meet some of you in person.

Ron

Can't comment on the other places to stay, but we like the Palms. Great location, wonderful people, clean and a nice kitchen. You can snorkel off the dock next door at Ramon's. BC's is just up the beach for a really laid back beach bar, and the Blue Water Grill is next to that for one of the many great restaurants on the island. You can easily walk to town from the Palms.

S
S
Sounds like you lunched at Exotic Caye Resort, upstairs over Canuck's Beach Bar.
That would be a good choice for a place to stay...beautiful tropical beach with shade from Coconut Palms...nice!

R
ronw Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Thanks for the info.

ron

R
ronw Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Thanks for the help.

Ron

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Unfortunately the restaurant at Exotic Caye closed down quite some time ago and there are no signs of it re-opening any time soon. For snacks there use Monkey Bites, but the closest actual restaurants are (south) Rico's at Banyan Bay, El Divinos at Banana Beach, and the restaurant at Victoria House; and (north) Ramon's (at Ramon's!), Blue Water Grill at Sunbreeze, and thereafter quite a few in town. There is one at Belize Yacht Club that I don't know anyone would recommend - maybe I'm wrong.

S
S
I was recommending the Exotic Caye as a place to stay.
The restaurant above Canuck's will be opening very soon under a whole new ownership/retrofit.

The Palms is right in town and has a lovely beach. There is a pool. The sea view there is great too. Easy walking distance to restaurants and bars in town. Gift shopping and just sitting in central park watching the day go by are fun pasttimes.

Come down, unwind, de-stress and enjoy.

Hi Ron: Corona del Mar seems like a good fit from what you describe...although it really depends on the price range. I fly out of St Louis to Belize City...usually Continental or American Airlines. Usually about $600 roundtrip for one booked through Flycheap.com. Take care: Bill "GO RAMS"

Gone fishing!!
Ron, Corona Del Mar is wonderful! I loved the people there. The price is reasonable and Miram and Pamela will help you with anything you need. From setting up snorkle trips to renting a golf cart if you so desire. Corona Del Mar is close enough to town that you can walk to different shops and eateries. Plus George's Kitchen is right across the road from Coroana. You'll get a kick out of Frank, because he'll try and talk you into a game of horse shoes.
The rooms are nice and clean. We had a fridge in our room with fresh water every day. I know there are a bunch of places to stay in SP, but this is the one that I can write about. Just go and have fun and relax!

Take the road less traveled
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 282 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.