Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#23890 08/04/00 03:00 PM
C
Coco Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I've never been to AC, but looking forward to it. Didn't know where to stay, but have it narrowed down to Victoria House or Ramon's Village. Since we like to be close to town and want the choice to party or not, probably will go with Ramon's. Does anyone know the room layout there and the best rooms? Our choices are beachfront (first floor) or a mini-suite seaview (second floor, partial view). Definitely don't care about a kitchen, but would like the refrigerator option or ability to keep some cold drinks in the room. Plus, really want a good view, but don't know if first floor beachfront would be any better than a partial view on the second floor.

#23891 08/04/00 04:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
hi! in 1993 we stayed there for a few nights in a beachfront 1st floor. it was a basic room with ceiling fan, small if i remember. later that same year a friend stayed in the 2nd floor suite. hers sounded much nicer. we had no fridge then, but things might have changed. the view was nice, and the gardens were lovely. never personally saw the second floor rooms. we chose journeys end but dont leave for 2 weeks yet. good luck. read this board for help.

#23892 08/07/00 12:23 PM
We "had" reservations at Ramon's at one point. We called and requested a fridge and a coffee maker for our room, as we had two boys with us (lots of cokes and snacks) and my husband is a VERY early riser and likes his coffee at 4:30 am. Ramon's would not honor our request at all. We changed our reservations promptly and were glad we did. We had heard the rooms were a little run down and overpriced for what you get.

#23893 08/07/00 02:12 PM
Coco;

Debbie's got it about right. There are many places between Ramon's and Victoria House that offer pretty nice accomodations. Ramon's is awful pricey for what you get.

Victoria House is quite nice and has several different types of accommodations. It is a long walk, short taxi ride, medium bike pedal, a pretty quick golf cart to town. Very nice but also a little pricey.

A pool and resturant are unimportant to us so we have settled on ocean front, with kitchen/fridge, cable, lots of room, a/c, 3 years old, small, etc. At peak it can rent for about $400 less per week than Ramon's.

Take a look at Caribbean Villas or Coral Bay Villas on the lodging page. Also Banyan Bay. And lot of the "over and over" gang like Corona Del Mar (especially because of Woody)

CC

#23894 08/07/00 06:08 PM
C
C
You may want to check out Belizean Reef Condotels (located next door to Ramons). We will be there in October and got a $68.00 rate per night for a one bedroom condo equipped with all the comforts of home, including a fully equipped kitchen. There is no restaurant and lounge on premise, but only a two block walk from town. Check them out on the lodging section.

#23895 08/07/00 07:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
i said most what i wanted to above, but i think many places must have nice views. AC is not set up like other islands, everything is low and centers on the beach. i did want to mention that i just e-mailed a really helpful person named Karen who used to work at victoria house as well as journeys end(where i will be in two weeks). she answered all my questions. her e-mail is [email protected]. she was very nice... tell her jane from PA sent you...

#23896 08/08/00 12:30 PM
C
Coco Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Jane, Debbie, Choochoo and Cancienne - Thanks for your replies. I started to get a little depressed...then went in and read the replies to Heather from yesterday (we, too, have already made a deposit for Ramon's) and feel better after reading them. It is our first adventure to AC, so all will be so new and exciting, we would probably be OK in a cave (as long as my husband can have his morning coffee!).

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 136 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.