Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#239068 05/28/07 07:27 AM
OP Offline
Hugo is just an honest man trying to make a difference for his people and the entire region. Right?

I feel for Belize. This is not a good time to be a small nation trying to just do good by its people and avoid undo political influence from abroad (from the North or the South)

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/americas/05/28/venezuela.protest/index.html

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
S
S
BTL Cuts KREM Radio from BelizeWeb.com

And while Christine Perriot waits for a judgement in her case against BTL, the company has already issued a kind of judgement on a media house which it seems to deem an adversary, or at least not an ally. Mose Hyde today confirmed that KREM Radio has been removed from the internet dial at Belizeweb.com, a service provided free to all local radio stations by BTL where international radio listeners can stream live Belizean radio through the internet. Hyde says it also affects them domestically as much of their national signal distribution network is dependent on this service.

For context we note that Kremandala and BTL principal Michael Ashcroft have been at war for some time now.

SimonB #239079 05/28/07 10:30 AM
OP Offline
Booo. That's bad news Simon.

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
Thanks Otteralum
Chavez ........ Bad news from day one. Sad situation. My Studio assistant from years back in Miami was from Caracas and educated in the American School. We had dealings with some of the Neutral Spanish dubbing studios there and represented them in Media Markets in Los Angeles. Most the "educated" Venezuelans saw him for who he was but were unable to stop his coup. This is not surprising behavior from him and sadly more to come. My heart goes out to Venezuela. Chavez has put Venezuela back at least a generation.

Thanks Simon
We all need to keep a watchful eye that Monopolies don't act in a similar way. This type of behavior suffers Belize and stunts it's growth. Short Sited actions like that will only spawn moves to competitors. Loss of consumer faith. Everyone pays for SERVICE. Absolute Power corrupts absolutely.

Of course I am "non political". smile

Writer claims no authority, worthwhile knowledge of any kind, and didn't make love to that woman.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 296 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.