Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#23941 08/07/00 08:44 AM
B
bigzeke Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I am going to be staying at Ramon's on Aug 22nd-27th. I am taking my 15 year old and would appreciate any info on getting someone to charter for us. Thanks in advance.

#23942 08/07/00 11:13 AM
Mr Luz Guerrero is our captain. We reef fish, snorkel and shell with him. What did you want to charter for?

#23943 08/07/00 12:14 PM
J
J
Also try Ralston Reynolds at Innovative Watersports, he works off the pier next to Ramon's. At least, he did the last time I was there!

[This message has been edited by Jenn (edited 08-07-2000).]

#23944 08/07/00 01:33 PM
B
bigzeke Offline OP
OP Offline
B
My son wants to first try for snook,tarpon, and bonefish. We will be there for six days and are also interested in trying some offshore fishing. Any help will be appreciated.

#23945 08/09/00 12:11 PM
search under fishing on this forum for lots of personal experiences with fishing guides.
email me at [email protected] for info & email for Mr Luz about reef fishing.

#23946 08/09/00 03:14 PM
Hey Zeke,
My husband took our 15 year old son fishing out on the reefs for yellow tail snapper. They had a very successful day. The guides name was Gil and his boat was down by Hustler Tours. Unfortunately, my husband scheduled their tarpon and flats fishing for the last two days we were there. A small storm blew in and the trip was cancelled. Too late in our trip to reschedule. I recommend getting your fishing in early, and if you have to reschedle due to the weather, you still have a chance to do so. Both were really bummed. We did go sailing in the storm though, and that was REALLY fun and exciting. The boys loved it. (Their private version of "The Perfect Storm") LOL
Have fun with your son. Quality time like that can't be had for any price!!!

Does anyone out there know Gil???? I think his last name is Gonzalez. We sent him a package and don't know if he ever got it....If anyone sees him, please ask and let me know..

[This message has been edited by Debbie (edited 08-09-2000).]

#23947 08/09/00 11:04 PM
J
J
For fishing, day trips, shore lunch, diving and snorkeling Gil (Hill) Gonzalez is the best. We have made three trip in 4 years to AC and use Gil every time. His shop is located right in front of Paradias Villa's, next to Hustler's. Tell him Jackie in KS said hello. Enjoy.....we do!

#23948 08/10/00 10:25 AM
B
bigzeke Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I want to thank both Jackie and Debbie for their help. I will definitely give Gil a try. Do either of you know how I can contact him before my arrival? I will be there on Aug.22 in the early afternoon and my son is so excited that maybe I could book him for that same afternoon. I'm lying...I'm excited too. Thanks again!

#23949 08/10/00 03:12 PM
Big Zeke,
Sorry...... I wish I did know how to contact him. We've been wondering about the package. You know when you send stuff by international mail (snail mail)you never know if it got there. Gil was a super guy. The first few hours of fishing with my son went great, but that afternoon the water got very rough and choppy. My son didn't feel to well, and Gil was great at cracking jokes about illegal "chumming" and making him feel better. Even kept his rod going after he laid down, and when he snagged something, he let him sit up and reel it in. My son wasn't about to miss a good fish!!!!!!! Green or no green.......LOL Be sure to take your catch somewhere and have them cook it for you. It's a real treat. We went to the Ambergris Delight. They cooked it four different ways for just $15 US. It was delicious!!! The fish that we knew we would never get around to cooking, we let Gil keep to take home to his family..... If you do find out a way to contact him PLEASE let me know. Have a great time.
Debbie

#23950 08/10/00 08:02 PM
J
J
Hi Zeke: You can try calling his home number listed in the phone book....
501-26-2118. The name of his shop on the beach front is called the TRITON (type of shell). It is located directly in front of the Paradise Villa Condo's. They are located on the north end of San Pedro town. For some reason I was unable to bring up the phone book page with the letter T listings. You might try it. Go to the home page then on left side scroll untill you fine phone book.
While in AC you have to stop by BC's Beach Bar. They are located right by Sun Breeze. When you leave the air field and walk acrossed the street towards the ocean you will run right into it. Bruce and Charlene (owners) are very good friends of ours. Just ask them if they have any more steaks from Nebraska! They protect the meat we bring like gold! LOL If you have anymore questions, you can email me direct.
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Jackie (edited 08-10-2000).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 160 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,470
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.