Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#239915 - 06/06/07 06:49 PM New Visitor: What about Victoria House?
Texasqueen Offline
My husband and I will be celebrating our 20th anniversary this August. San Pedro/Ambergris has been recommended to us as a destination. Can anyone give me suggestions for where to stay? We would like something really nice, but not extremely expensive. I think Victoria House looks great, are there any other places that you can reccommend? We are pretty laid back people and it seems Belize would be perfect for us. I have to admit I am paranoid about booking unfamiliar hotels and so I tend to go for luxurious to avoid a bad experience. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated!

#239916 - 06/06/07 07:13 PM Re: New Visitor: What about Victoria House? [Re: Texasqueen]
Barbara K Offline
Can't go wrong with Victoria House. Excellent service, great restaraunt, beautiful grounds, variety of accommodations, attentive staff (most of whom have worked there for 10+ years). One of the best places on the island IMO. I send many many happy, satisfied customers there. Never a complaint.

#239947 - 06/07/07 03:18 AM Re: New Visitor: What about Victoria House? [Re: Barbara K]
TIMO Offline
i will second the above thoughts on VH. we've just returned from our umpteenth stay there and can't say enough good things about the place and the people. i am proud to say that i have become very good friends with many of the guys and gals that work there. i am sure you will not be disappointed. btw, congratulations go to my good friend enrique luna, who has once again won. "bartender of the year."

WAY TO GO ENRIQUE!!!

#239953 - 06/07/07 03:47 AM Re: New Visitor: What about Victoria House? [Re: TIMO]
Spyder Offline
Go to the Victoria House and tell Janet (manager) that Spyder sent you. You will get ROYAL treatment!! She is great

#240004 - 06/07/07 05:13 PM Re: New Visitor: What about Victoria House? [Re: Spyder]
Texasqueen Offline
Thanks so much to all of you for the great input!
Just curious-how does the Seabreeze on Abergris compare to Victoria House? I see that there is a package deal which includes going inland and staying at Hidden Valley. What do you guys think of that?
Another question: We will only be staying about 5 nights, does that give us time to see the ruins and do the cave tubing?

Thanks for all of your help~

#240056 - 06/08/07 03:07 AM Re: New Visitor: What about Victoria House? [Re: Texasqueen]
Marty Offline
hidden valley is awesome

#240057 - 06/08/07 03:37 AM Re: New Visitor: What about Victoria House? [Re: Marty]
BrusselSprout Offline
Victoria House much more posh...and farther from town. Definitely the place for a romantic week. Beautiful grounds, beach, pool, great restaurant.

#240065 - 06/08/07 01:32 PM Re: New Visitor: What about Victoria House? [Re: BrusselSprout]
Otteralum Offline
My first trip was just 5 short days. I would recommend a trip inland for at least a day. We did a combo cave tubing / Xunantunuch ruin. It was great. It was a good intro to ruins in Belize (Lamanai is better but a full day in itself), and it does give you a great taste of Cayo/San Ignacio if you get lunch there like we did.

Depends on how adventuresome you want to be versus laid-back. In 5 days you could do much more inland if you so desired. The 1-day was a perfect mix for us.

#240071 - 06/08/07 03:40 PM Re: New Visitor: What about Victoria House? [Re: Otteralum]
Texasqueen Offline
Thanks again guys, for all of your help. I believe we will try to get reservations at Victoria House for the week of August 13-17. Everyone is already so friendly, I know we will love it!
My two teenage children are very disappointed that they will not be going with us, so we may try to go during Spring Break and do Hidden Valley also.
Do any of you know of any good deals on flights? We tried to find all-inclusive deals but no luck, especially with Victoria House in the deal.

#240072 - 06/08/07 03:41 PM Re: New Visitor: What about Victoria House? [Re: Otteralum]
Texasqueen Offline
This sounds like a good idea, I believe we will take a day trip. Thanks!

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
4 registered (lomckenna, Papa John, 2 invisible), 48 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,021 Topics
462,211 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.