Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
OP Offline
T
My husband and I will be celebrating our 20th anniversary this August. San Pedro/Ambergris has been recommended to us as a destination. Can anyone give me suggestions for where to stay? We would like something really nice, but not extremely expensive. I think Victoria House looks great, are there any other places that you can reccommend? We are pretty laid back people and it seems Belize would be perfect for us. I have to admit I am paranoid about booking unfamiliar hotels and so I tend to go for luxurious to avoid a bad experience. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated!

Texas Queen
Can't go wrong with Victoria House. Excellent service, great restaraunt, beautiful grounds, variety of accommodations, attentive staff (most of whom have worked there for 10+ years). One of the best places on the island IMO. I send many many happy, satisfied customers there. Never a complaint.

T
T
i will second the above thoughts on VH. we've just returned from our umpteenth stay there and can't say enough good things about the place and the people. i am proud to say that i have become very good friends with many of the guys and gals that work there. i am sure you will not be disappointed. btw, congratulations go to my good friend enrique luna, who has once again won. "bartender of the year."

WAY TO GO ENRIQUE!!!

Go to the Victoria House and tell Janet (manager) that Spyder sent you. You will get ROYAL treatment!! She is great

T
OP Offline
T
Thanks so much to all of you for the great input!
Just curious-how does the Seabreeze on Abergris compare to Victoria House? I see that there is a package deal which includes going inland and staying at Hidden Valley. What do you guys think of that?
Another question: We will only be staying about 5 nights, does that give us time to see the ruins and do the cave tubing?

Thanks for all of your help~

Texas Queen
hidden valley is awesome

B
B
Victoria House much more posh...and farther from town. Definitely the place for a romantic week. Beautiful grounds, beach, pool, great restaurant.

My first trip was just 5 short days. I would recommend a trip inland for at least a day. We did a combo cave tubing / Xunantunuch ruin. It was great. It was a good intro to ruins in Belize (Lamanai is better but a full day in itself), and it does give you a great taste of Cayo/San Ignacio if you get lunch there like we did.

Depends on how adventuresome you want to be versus laid-back. In 5 days you could do much more inland if you so desired. The 1-day was a perfect mix for us.

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
T
OP Offline
T
Thanks again guys, for all of your help. I believe we will try to get reservations at Victoria House for the week of August 13-17. Everyone is already so friendly, I know we will love it!
My two teenage children are very disappointed that they will not be going with us, so we may try to go during Spring Break and do Hidden Valley also.
Do any of you know of any good deals on flights? We tried to find all-inclusive deals but no luck, especially with Victoria House in the deal.

Texas Queen
T
OP Offline
T
This sounds like a good idea, I believe we will take a day trip. Thanks!

Texas Queen

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.