Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Hi everyone,

This is a great forum full of helpful hints. I'm having a great time planning my vacation to Ambergris in July.

I am mostly going for some scuba / snorkeling and relaxation. However I am a 34 year old guy traveling solo so it would be nice to meet and mingle with some other travelers like me (non-honeymooners who may be looking for activity partners, sharing travel stories, ...).

Where on the island should I stay? I'm not necessarily looking for the cheapest place.

Thanks!

Coming to AC in mid-June! Can't wait! :-)
Try Pedro's. It is not the cheapest, but it probably should be. And, if you meet any honeymooners there, they won't be honeymooning for long. You have a good chance of finding partners for activities, although you might not be into the activities they are. Finally, you surely will find others to share stories with. Just don't believe all the stories you hear. wink

Last edited by bywarren; 06/07/07 07:03 PM.
E
E
Ya havent lost it, By grin

B
B
Probably want to try to the Sunbreeze...in town, close to most of the bars, lots of people at the pool. Or Changes In Latitudes is great. Smaller, homier (is that a word?), very very friendly owners who can always point you in the right direction whether it's for diving or going out. San Pedro is an easy place to travel on your own...I've done it a bunch of times. In fact, just moved here on my own. You'll love it.

N
N
Sunbreeze is a nice place to stay and very close to the airport. But if you want to dive I would find a dive operation other that the one at the Hotel as the last time I was there the boat almost sank.

Wet Willy's Bar is a nice place to meet folks in the evening, good music. Coconet's internet bar on front street during the day always has folks visiting, before, after and during checking email and such.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
To stay, you'll find people to talk to on common interests at Pedro's and Ruby's, both backpacker-style places in a way. To hang out, all the places mentioned so far, plus BC's bar (on the beach just south of Sunbreeze Hotel) and Cannibals (on the beach by the water taxi terminal).

You will love traveling alone. I have done it for years. I'm a single 'older' woman and found that when you are traveling with someone they get most of your attention; alone you get connected. Simply by asking questions you strike up a conversation. When going into an eating establishment look for someone sitting alone at a table and ask if you can share their table with them.
I have always felt safe walking alone in San Pedro. How you act dictates what you attract. In my 9 years of Belize experience I have only been approached one by a drug dealer. Some of my men friends who come to visit get approached a lot.
Steve, at Coconet Internet, can tell you where the action is each night of the week - it does change night by night. One of the fun parts of his place is that many gringos who live on the island stop in here for coffee, beer or a backgammon game.

For diving Amigos Del Mar is the biggest operation and you will likely be able to buddy up with another single diver through them. HOWEVER, my favorite dive operation is Belize Diving Adventure - owned and operated by a Belize couple - Everette Anderson and his wife Inez. Use them if you want truly personal attention.

When in July are you coming? I will be back July 9th, hopefully with a repaired underwater video camera. Maybe we can hook up.

Harriette

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
OP Offline
Thanks for all the advice! I'm still not sure where to stay but Sunbreeze seems like a good central choice...

Coming to AC in mid-June! Can't wait! :-)
S
S
The Tides baby! A true dive hotel on the beach!

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.