Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#24040 08/08/00 07:00 PM
C
Carol Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I'm planning our 1st trip to Belize and fell in love w/the looks of Mata Chica Resort (North End). I emailed them 4 times w/no response. Would like to hear any feedback on them. Really want a thatched roof hut right on the beach. (I have contacted Capt. Morgans) Is it better to stay @ the South End for nightlife? Also, what's the best way to get from the airport to AC? Do we need reservations or can we get to AC easily when we get there? Any recommendations would be appreciated very much!! THANKS!!

#24041 08/08/00 09:48 PM
Carol, it depends on what you are wanting in a vacation. The resorts are great to just "chill". We like to stay in town or close by, because we love the great restaurants and mingling with the locals, and the little shops. I would book with Tropic or Maya airlines to get to AC quickly. I feel booking with a good agency that will cover all your air and ground transporation, and you resort/hotel stay, will make your visit more relaxed, for your first visit. Belize IT.

Dare To Deviate
#24042 08/09/00 07:34 AM
J
J
Carol,
If you're into the nightlife, it is best to stay south of the cut, it might not be possible to get home late in the evening. Have fun!

#24043 08/09/00 08:44 AM
T
T
I definitely agree that if you like night life don't stay north of town. Some of the places south of town are very nice and far enough away from the center of town to be quiet and relaxing. Ramon's has thatched roofs but it probably won't be very secluded. I don't know about any other thatched roofs. Someone else on this board should be able to help. Good luck with your search.

#24044 08/09/00 10:22 AM
C
C
In response to your question on getting from Belize City to AC, look back a week or two on this board and look for a topic called "Water Taxi". There was quite a bit of discussion on how to get to AC. It helped me to decide on Flying from Municipal Airport to San Pedro (50% savings)!

#24045 08/09/00 10:51 AM
For thatched roofs I was going to mention the Playador, south of town (they have been doing a lot of remodeling the past few years)...but the new Iguana disco is RIGHT across the street. That may be more nightlife than you really want.

If you give up on the "Robinson Crusoe" thatched hut thing there are endless possibilities, the majority being south of the channel.

#24046 08/09/00 09:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
hi! against everyone here's advice, i chose to stay at journeys end in the north in 10 days. i do just want to chill and hubby wants to do two dives everyday. we want to be taken care of (or i do anyway). you can hang out in san pedro all day, which i'll do a few days. i can let you know how it goes. it is my second trip to AC and i stayed near town the first time. your hotel would be glad to book your local flight from belize city if you tell them your flight number. it costs around $84 pp US, i think. that water taxi site was informative, take the time and read this board back a few months.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.