Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
San Pedro Town Library launches original, limited edition 'designer' t-shirts

Artist Erick Ovid Hernandez, a 12 year old student at the Isla Bonita School, is the designer that everyone will want to wear this season. Erick was thrilled to find out that a painting he had submitted to the San Pedro Town Library had been chosen for the library's new line of t- shirts and tank tops. Erick said 'It's been fun to see people wearing my painting', he grinned, 'I especially like that it could help make money to get some new books for our library'. He is a student of the internationally acclaimed artist, Walter Castillo, who believes that Erik is a very talented young man.

The t-shirt design was first sold at the San Pedro Town Library Radiothon event, held in March this year, as a fundraiser to provide better educational resources at the library. T-shirts carrying the design were so popular that the San Pedro Town Library Committee decided to make them available year round. They have also added tank tops to the selection. This t-shirt design will be a limited edition, with a new design to come out next year.

'We thought this design would not only offer a new concept among San Pedro t-shirt selections, but it also makes a terrific memento for visitors and, for locals as well as an advertisement for us', said Marilyn Marx of the library Committee. 'At the same time it's giving a much needed boost to the library's funds and Erick came up with just the right artwork.'

If you want to be first in line to wear one of these colorful t-shirts, contact the Senior Librarian, Iracela Acosta, at the San Pedro Town Library on 226 2028 or pop in for a visit Monday - Friday 8am - 1pm - 2pm - 7pm, Saturday 9am- 1pm. T- Shirts and tanks cost $20 and all profits go towards expanding and improving the public library in San Pedro. T-shirts will also be available at the San Pedro Lobster Fest.

[Linked Image]

N
N
San pedro Lobster Fest, can you tell me when that is please? Thank you.

N
N
Kept looking and found it. Thanks.

Since I have gotten out of buying tourist "junk" for quite a few years, I have concentrated on bringing back unique t-shirts from the places we go. We will be in Saturday, and I just figured out what t's we have to buy. OK, Saga and the Library.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
Bobber, same. I try to stay away from the "junk" too.

These are very nice shirts! I buy a few. Know my daughter would love to have one!

N
N
T-shirt hell, I want a orginal painting by this young man. He's very good. By the time he's older I won't be able to aford his work. LOL But a Tee I will buy. :-)

edited for my [#%!] poor spelling. blush

Last edited by Nancy1340; 06/14/07 12:04 PM.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
laugh. amen to that nancy

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 298 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.