Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#240527 06/13/07 02:40 PM
M
mobow Offline OP
OP Offline
M
First a big thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone who answered questions for us prior to trip. The information provided cut our stumble around time in half or better.
What a wonderful time we had. I will get this started and my wife will ad detail later I'm sure.
Our first impression when we arrive on the 27th was damn it is hot and the mosquites were out in force. Later locals told us that it was hotter than ususal and the mosquiteos had just come out. We adjusted and the mosquitoes did disapper. Our first meal was from a women out behind Paradise Villas by the grocery store selling BBQ chicken and rice and beans with cole slaw. Fantastic. I ened up repeating that meal every Sunday. She was tickeled when I told here She prepared the first meal I ate on the Island as well as the last. Ate at lots of various street vendors and they were all good. Where to go from here.
Ate at many resturarants but missed many. Guess I'll have to go back. We had dinners at Blue Water Grill. I had Sushi, Susie had Pizza. We ate at the Sunset grill. We ate their with our friends who joined us the 3rd and we all had a different snapper dish. All very good. Service was good and very friendly. Watched serveral sunsets from the bar. Ate at Rojos and Portifino. Both very nice locations with very good food. I reccommmend them both. Had a snack with Pupusa lady on the way to Carambas. Both very enjoyable. At carambas I had what may be the biggest stone crab claw I have ever seen. It was tastey as was the conch, shrimp and snapper that came with it. Had beach BBQ at Celis, Had appitizers at Fidos and Caliente. Had lunch at Lilys, wish I had tried her earlier I would have gone again. Also ate at Wet Willys and the Tackle box. My favorite was Estels by the Sea. Ate breakfast there about 7 times. Would get up, watch the sun rise and then walk over for breakfast at 6:oo am. Fry Jacks....I need not say more. I am sure I am forgetting some but I did not have a bad meal.
Did a discover scuba course with Chuck and Robbies. If anyone wants to do this or any diving for that matter I can not recommend Robbie high enough. My wife was very nervous about trying this and Robbie walked here through it step by step, was encouraging and supportive and took all the time she needed to feel at ease with the experience. We had a great ecperience and saw some really cool stuff. I plan to add getting certified to my next trip (will do course work at home) and Robbie will be the one I do my dives with. We snorkeled Mexico Rocks and Tres Cocos very cool. Saw lots of different fish, corals, sea fans, urchins, anemones and even saw some squid swimming along.
Went on the Lamani tour with Serious Adventures very well done trip. Nice breakfast on boat, very good luch at Lamani and very informative and fun to be with guides.
Also did a sunset sail with serious. Needed six people to go we were the only four to sign up so we bought the other two tickets ans told them not to forget to pack rum for six. We had a wonderful sail along Ambergris Caye watched the sun set on the way out and enjoyed the town lights on the way back. Some pretty good star gazing as well.
Maybe I'll add more later or maybe my wife will. Follow the link for some pictures. I have about 200 more to go through and will get some of them up later. My wife is still working on captions and the order is a little scatterd but I just bought the camera and this is our first attempt and using the technology. Hope you enjoy and again thank you to everyone. keith

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/keithandsusie/album/576460762404386428

Last edited by mobow; 06/13/07 02:40 PM.
Paradise Villas pics, check. Estels, check. Belikin bottle, check. Catamaran pics, check. Dogs, cats, critters, check. Yeah you got them all. Heavy sigh. 3 more sleeps.

Good job on the pictures, you got the flavor down pat. Thanks.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
Nice post glad you got to live the dream ...

Living The Dream Every Day!
Those pics of PV brought back some memories. Our first stay there, the grounds were lush, but just had a broken down wire fence to close it off from the beach. Our second trip, after the storm, the ground greenery was reduced pretty much to little plants with a few ratty palm trees. They were in the process of building that nice white fence with the arch to the beach. The next time down, it was all completed and it was just amazing how the greenery on the grounds had come back. It is good to see it fully restored to it's former glory.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
Hey!!!! Nice pics, thanks for sharing.

S
S
LOVE the pics! Great job!!!

do I have to get shots to go there? 8o)
very, very, nice pics. looks like a wonderful time was had by all.

thanks for sharing!

N
N
Mobow, great pictures. Thanks for shareing.

Sighhhhhhhhhhhhh Now if only FTWB's passport would only get here.

Thanks, mobow. I'm glad the bbq by the market is still there - yummm!!!!! One of our best meals our 1st trip.

That will be us next month : )

WOOOOHOOOO!!!!!

Time flys - have fun!
Good pics. Thanks. Were the seahorse ones right out front at PV?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 136 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.