Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#24070 - 08/09/00 01:01 AM Restaurants that serve good local food
pescador Offline
Alright folks now the next question. Which AC restaurants serve good local food and which serve tourist cuisine? I want to stay away from the touristy stuff so please point me in the right direction.
"There is a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore looking like a complete idiot." Wright

#24071 - 08/09/00 12:35 PM Re: Restaurants that serve good local food
margarita Offline
My favorite restaurant is Estel's Dine by the Sea in the center of town on the beach. It is not exclusively local food there will be Charlie's Cheeseburger on the menu!!
But Estel was born in San Pedro any many of her delicious dishes are local!
Also she will fix your fresh fish exactly how you want it!
But the Best is Breakfast at Estel's watching the sunrise over the blue with your bare feet in the sand! Hard to beat!
Check recent listings on this board - ie best places to eat and drink on the cheap posted by martyho!
Belize it!

[This message has been edited by margarita (edited 08-09-2000).]

#24072 - 08/09/00 04:20 PM Re: Restaurants that serve good local food
Jenn Offline
Yes! I love Estel's! I have spent many a morning sitting there drinking coffee while wiggling my toes in the sand. Excellent fish and rice and beans. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.

#24073 - 08/09/00 04:36 PM Re: Restaurants that serve good local food
Debbie Offline
Estel's also has great fresh homemade lemonaide!!!!!! I also liked the seasoning on her fried conch. YUMMMM!

#24074 - 08/09/00 04:46 PM Re: Restaurants that serve good local food
Chloe Offline
All the in town restaurants offer local dishes. The upscale restaurants, offer
their own specialties. For info on the upscales, look them up on this site and it will show their menus.
Dare To Deviate

#24075 - 08/09/00 05:48 PM Re: Restaurants that serve good local food
Estels!!!! One of our very favorite places in SP. As much for Charlie's on going commentary and music collection as the food. Each morning that SWMBO is diving Estel's is the first for me on what Charlie refers to as my daily "Mischief and Mayhem Tour". (I used to split the mornings between there and the "SmokeHouse" across from Coconuts. Howard only lasted six months but it was the only place on the island where a Hoosier boy could get bisquits and gravy with the obligatory, standard island 2 Belikin breakfast.)

#24076 - 08/10/00 07:53 PM Re: Restaurants that serve good local food
June Offline
Estel's has the best fish sandwich i have ever tasted. Just be sure to wear bug spray at night because those little critters love to fly around your legs under the tables. I had the proff the next day!

#24077 - 08/11/00 09:32 AM Re: Restaurants that serve good local food
margarita Offline
Debbie - since I have consumed gallons over the years I can assure you it's fresh squeezed LIMEAIDE!! made with local limes not lemons! YUMMMM!

#24078 - 08/11/00 09:47 AM Re: Restaurants that serve good local food
Debbie Offline
Okay....Limeaide it is. It was still wonderful!!! I must have guzzled 4 glasses at one sitting. Of course hubby was embarassed that I was headed to the bathroom so much. After a day out in the hot sun and being totally dehydrated from all the Belikin and Rum Punch consumption, it sure hit the spot! Have a soft spot for Estel anyway...... She looks so much like my mother did.

#24079 - 08/11/00 10:24 AM Re: Restaurants that serve good local food
margarita Offline
Estel's limeaide is better than gatorade for rehydration!!
Did you guys happen to notice Estel was featured in the San Pedro Sun two weeks ago?
Nice Photo too!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
3 registered (ragman, 2 invisible), 50 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,638 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,738 Topics
461,312 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.