Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#240826 - 06/18/07 03:11 PM Camera questions spots and zoom...
tacogirl Offline
Because of the humidity it is very common to have spots show up when taking pictures at night.

I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if so has anyone discovered a solution.

Someone mentioned an underwater housing might help.

I am also taking a poll for what digital camera's people most recommend.

Right now I am using a 7.2 mega pixel casio ex slim and like it a lot, great camera for the price. The one issue I have is the zoom is just not that great.

So anyone using anything more than a 3.2 optical zoom that they are pleased with and would recommend?

#240831 - 06/18/07 04:12 PM Re: Camera questions spots and zoom... [Re: tacogirl]
Amanda Syme Offline
I wondered why my photos have spots - not all of the time, but certainly night time ones. That dang humidity, bad for the hair, bad for the camera- sheesh.

#240840 - 06/18/07 05:23 PM Re: Camera questions spots and zoom... [Re: Amanda Syme]
sweetjane Offline
i suggest you go online and read user reviews.

i used to have an olympus 10X optical, now i have a sony 12X. i love a big zoom, and can get shots others can't, but - there are pros and cons to everything.

#240852 - 06/18/07 08:02 PM Re: Camera questions spots and zoom... [Re: sweetjane]
SimonB Offline
I've used this site a couple of times to research cameras and it's been VERY helpful. http://www.myproductadvisor.com/mpa/camera/inputSummary.do

Kathy just picked up a Canon Powershot S3 with a 12x optical zoom (with image stabilizer, you'll need it) and the quality is amazing. http://www.myproductadvisor.com/mpa/came...b0&id=16213

It isn't a slim camera though but it's still smaller than an SLR.

#240853 - 06/18/07 08:03 PM Re: Camera questions spots and zoom... [Re: sweetjane]
tacogirl Offline
Yes Amanda I finally figured it out Maya was the one who told me what it was.

Paul often gets it with his glasses too and fogs up at odd times.

Thanks SJ I was looking up Nikons after seeing the www.stunningnikon.com site advertised on tv.

#240875 - 06/18/07 11:18 PM Re: Camera questions spots and zoom... [Re: tacogirl]
Anonymous
There are all sorts of complications associated with high zooms. Don't just go for the biggest you can find, but get advice.

#240883 - 06/19/07 12:21 AM Re: Camera questions spots and zoom... [Re: ]
Barnacle Offline
some of the new dslr's from nikon seem to be a smokin good way to go! excelant quality and capibilitys coupled with a great price. if you don't mind the size of a dslr. imo.
manufaturers state an 'optical' zoom range along with the digital range. as soon as you cross into the 'digital' range of the zoom you will notice a drop in quality.

#240884 - 06/19/07 12:41 AM Re: Camera questions spots and zoom... [Re: Barnacle]
tacogirl Offline
I was thinking that too Barnacle. I do not mind trading off size for quality.

Thanks P2 good to have that feedback

I am not ready to buy yet but figured good to get info and look at all options first before making a choice.

#240887 - 06/19/07 01:38 AM Re: Camera questions spots and zoom... [Re: tacogirl]
sweetjane Offline
yes to barnacle - once you go into the digital zoom, the photo quality diminishes noticeably. i thought the dslr's looked awesome too, but i don't know how to use one. the thought of buying lenses or filters scared me too.

p2, i have had no problems with photos relating to the high zoom (other than the size, which i don't mind). i love them. what do you mean?

#240888 - 06/19/07 01:42 AM Re: Camera questions spots and zoom... [Re: sweetjane]
sweetjane Offline
taco, as a side note, what i do use the d-zoom for is for personal memories, like when i got a shot of a pair of green parrots in a tree in cayo. the quality isn't great, but when i see it, i smile.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 30 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,064 Topics
462,323 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.