Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#24118 - 08/09/00 04:29 PM north vs. south
booblers Offline
I am traveling to Belize and booked to stay at Capt. Morgan's Retreat. I have heard there is not much of a night life in the part of AC. How long does it take to get to San Pedro and is there any other way besides a ferry to get there? I was wondering if I am making a big mistake by staying up north if maybe I should change my reservation while I still can.

#24119 - 08/09/00 04:41 PM Re: north vs. south
SP Daily Offline
It's a 15 minute boat ride, either via a Capt. Morgan's boat or the shuttle boat or a water taxi. The ferry is a small hand-pulled affair to move golf carts, bikes and hikers across the river cut. If you use this, you'll have a long trail ahead to get to the resort.
If late night life is big on your list, then perhaps you should consider something in or south of town.

#24120 - 08/09/00 04:52 PM Re: north vs. south
Chloe Offline
The old North vs South issue. lol
If you plan to really enjoy your resort area, and only leaving for your fishing, snorkeling and mainland tours, and maybe visiting in town once, then you will be fine North.
The price of your food will be more expensive, North at the upscale restaurants.
In Town and South you will have many very
good inexpensive restaurants to pick from.
It will save you alot on food money.
Dare To Deviate

#24121 - 08/09/00 05:08 PM Re: north vs. south
Terri Offline
As noted before. If you like night life don't stay at the north end. You can go south about a mile or two out of town and get in town easier then on the north end. I thought of staying north and stayed south. When I got to AC I was glad I picked south.

#24122 - 08/09/00 10:23 PM Re: north vs. south
hi! i am staying on north end at journeys end in 2 weeks and can let you know. i am not a big late nite partier, but i do know the water taxis are available till midnite or so, and may be able to do later if you book it ahead of time (money talks?)they are about $5 pp US one way. i wanted to stay upscale this time and visit san pedro days or dinnertime. my hotel bar may suffice for partying, and there are some nice resort restaurant bars up there too, i believe.

#24123 - 08/10/00 12:44 AM Re: north vs. south
booblers Offline
jane thanks I would appreciate that I am staying at Capt. Morgans and it is my first trip to AC. I hope you have a good time

#24124 - 08/10/00 09:11 AM Re: north vs. south
hey boob (?!) when will you be in AC? you will have a good time anywhere. i'm sure you can make friends to hang out with at CMs. i choose to not stay out till 2am each nite and getup early to enjoy my day (hangover free).i will post regarding my trip in about 3 weeks...cant wait!

#24125 - 08/10/00 05:37 PM Re: north vs. south
booblers Offline
I am going November 21- 28. I hope we have a good time I get nervous when I go somewhere I have never been. I hope you have a great time please let me how it goes when you get back.
thank you jenn

#24126 - 08/10/00 06:04 PM Re: north vs. south
Terri Offline
You will love Ambergris Caye no matter where you are! Didn't mean to sound negative about the north end. We like to go dancing and were out a couple nights until about 2:00. So, as others mentioned, it really depends on what you like to do.

#24127 - 08/15/00 01:57 PM Re: north vs. south
Jericco Offline
I am also not a real nightlife person but got jet lagged and couldn't sleep. At 1:00AM I walked along the beach, then into town and back again and met the most wonderful people and was even offered a ride from a policeman. This is a heavenly place and it would be a shame to miss the town because you were too far north.

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
4 registered (Marty, Pokey, 2 invisible), 22 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,632 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,703 Topics
461,217 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.